DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   Need info on Dionic 90 battery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/75857-need-info-dionic-90-battery.html)

Greg Boston September 20th, 2006 12:58 AM

Need info on Dionic 90 battery

Since many here got the Anton Bauer promotional kit with their HD100 camera, I have a question.

Can one or more of you tell me what the battery lcd reads for remaining time after a full charge?

I could have sworn that I saw nearly 3 hr being displayed on full charge before. Now, the battery shows only 1 1/4 hours on a full charge. It's too new to be doing this. I want to contact AB asap about this.

TIA,

-gb-

Charles Papert September 20th, 2006 02:31 AM

Greg:

Yes, it should show 3 plus a complete pie when fully charged. I haven't had this problem with mine yet, but I have heard something about the Dionics (and Hytrons) needing their meters reset from time to time.

Contact the Anton/Bauer Customer Support Dept at (800)422-3473 or
support@antonbauer.com, they'll walk you through it. Have the serial number of your batteries and charger ready when you talk to them.

Greg Boston September 20th, 2006 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles Papert
Greg:

Yes, it should show 3 plus a complete pie when fully charged. I haven't had this problem with mine yet, but I have heard something about the Dionics (and Hytrons) needing their meters reset from time to time.

support@antonbauer.com, they'll walk you through it. Have the serial number of your batteries and charger ready when you talk to them.

Thanks Charles. I hadn't heard about this issue. To be honest, I haven't tested to see if I'm actually losing runtime.

-gb-

Greg Boston September 20th, 2006 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles Papert
Greg:

Hey Charles and all,

I talked to AB this morning. The LCD reset is simple, a paperclip or other object should be inserted in the small hole above the lcd until it flashes briefly. Unfortunately, that didn't fix the problem.

Was going to send the battery in to AB but noticed in the manual that if the side bars next to the digital fuel gauge are slowly flashing (mine were), it indicates the battery/charger need to re-calibrate the remaining capacity. this happens if the battery hasn't been fully discharged in awhile. To recalibrate with the Titan series chargers, the battery needs to be discharged, then placed back on the charger. I did the discharge by turning on the camera and letting it sit idle. The battery is re-charging now and the bars have stopped flashing. Hopefully, this will take care of it. Will update this thread as soon as I know.

-gb-

-gb-

Greg Boston September 28th, 2006 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg Boston
Will update this thread as soon as I know.

Well, it took two discharge cycles. After the first from the post above, I got 2 and a full pie. Was using the camera again the other night and let it finish running down and then recharged it.

Hooray, I am now back to showing 3 plus a full pie, meaning I should get 4 hours on a 20 watt load. The 20 watts is what the battery uses as a reference when it's not connected to anything in order to give a time estimate readout on the LCD.

-gb-