DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   Downloadable Firmware Upgrade for BR-HD50U (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/76389-downloadable-firmware-upgrade-br-hd50u.html)

Jacques Menard January 2nd, 2007 08:38 AM

Still no link to file

Thanks for the quick responses guys. The link works for the instruction video, instruction files and the licence agreenment but after that, when it directs you to the form to fill out, it bombs (JVC site reports unknown url).

Any suggestions?

Jacques Menard January 5th, 2007 04:54 PM

Broken link

I finnaly got in and downloaded the upgrade file.

For any other users requiring this file, the link is still broken but you can skip the "form" link by simply replacing the word "form" with the word "download".

New frmware is in. Thanks JVC.

Daniel Patton January 5th, 2007 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacques Menard
I finnaly got in and downloaded the upgrade file.

For any other users requiring this file, the link is still broken but you can skip the "form" link by simply replacing the word "form" with the word "download".

New frmware is in. Thanks JVC.

I found that:
download.html
was the magic phrase. ;)

Maxene Kuek February 13th, 2007 10:14 PM

HELP!! Upgrade Problem

I tried upgrading my BR-HD50 and had the deck hang on me. After waiting for ages, I had to reluctantly power off. However when I powered back up again, the machine will not "boot up" and the Operate LED simply blinks green and there is no display on the monitor (only PINK). My old firmware was 1.02, and I tried to update to 1.06.

What do I do now? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

THANKS!

Ronald Wilk February 13th, 2007 10:42 PM

Firewire Issue

Hi:
Has this firmware upgrade resolved the firewire/timecode issue with FCP 5.1.2 and the HD-250 that has been discussed elsewhere on this forum and that was previously felt to be related to an FCP capture problem?

Ron

Carl Hicks February 14th, 2007 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxene Kuek
I tried upgrading my BR-HD50 and had the deck hang on me. After waiting for ages, I had to reluctantly power off. However when I powered back up again, the machine will not "boot up" and the Operate LED simply blinks green and there is no display on the monitor (only PINK). My old firmware was 1.02, and I tried to update to 1.06.

What do I do now? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

THANKS!

Hi Maxene,

The instructions clearly indicate that if you have trouble, to call JVC Tech support. Since you are not in the U.S., you will need to call the tech support office that services your country. You may end up needing to send in your unit to a JVC service center to have the upgrade done.

Carl Hicks February 14th, 2007 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronald Wilk
Hi:
Has this firmware upgrade resolved the firewire/timecode issue with FCP 5.1.2 and the HD-250 that has been discussed elsewhere on this forum and that was previously felt to be related to an FCP capture problem?

Ron

Ronald, can you be more specific as to what issue you are asking about?

Ronald Wilk February 14th, 2007 12:36 PM

Br-hd50

Hi Carl:

I had read a post that indicated that clips transferred from the BR-HD50 via firewire to FCP had the occasional tendency to be broken up into smaller elements and it was my understanding, perhaps erronously so, that it had to with FCP's reading of the timecode or timecode dropouts?

Ron

Carl Hicks February 14th, 2007 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronald Wilk
Hi Carl:

I had read a post that indicated that clips transferred from the BR-HD50 via firewire to FCP had the occasional tendency to be broken up into smaller elements and it was my understanding, perhaps erronously so, that it had to with FCP's reading of the timecode or timecode dropouts?

Ron

Hi Ron,

What you describe is a known FCP problem, that Apple is working on. There are work-arounds for now that are outlined on this forum. The BR-HD50U firmware does not address this issue. The reason for the 1.06 firmware upgrade is mostly to get 24p connectivity to FCP.

Ronald Wilk February 14th, 2007 01:38 PM

BrHD-50

This post has been removed as the question has been answered.

Ron

Axel Mertes June 13th, 2007 11:54 AM

Has someone an old firmware file for the BR-HD50?

Hi guys,

I wonder if someone has an old version of the firmware of the BR-HD50 (older than 1.08) as we encounter an issue where 1.08 is showing some flaws and we want to turn back to an old firmware.

Apparently we can not re-update using a firmware with identical version number, so using an old one instead may help us here.

If anyone has an older version archived, please drop me a note!

Cheers,
Axel