DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   HD100 and C-Mount? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/79139-hd100-c-mount.html)

Toenis Liivamaegi November 8th, 2006 03:34 AM

HD100 and C-Mount?

I read from JVC that C-mount adaptor should be available fof HD100 and the like. Unfortunately this seems to be incorrect information.

I can`t find any c-mount to 1/3" converters.
Can somebody point one out for me if there is one?
Is the sensor to flange distance (C-Mount=17.526 mm / .690") correct with this kind of converter?

We managed to source a megapixel (ca 100lp/mm) f1.2 relay lens for c-mount to be used with DOF adaptors so c-mount to 1/3" converter would enable to use it with HD100/HD110/HD200 etc.

Thanks in advance,
T

Brian Drysdale November 8th, 2006 04:08 AM

They're bringing out a PL mount adapter, so that you can mount 16mm lenses.

Werner Wesp November 8th, 2006 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toenis Liivamaegi
I read from JVC that C-mount adaptor should be available fof HD100 and the like. Unfortunately this seems to be incorrect information.

Are you certain? I believe JVC themselves issued a press statement that it wasn't going to be available...?

Carl Hicks November 8th, 2006 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Werner Wesp
Are you certain? I believe JVC themselves issued a press statement that it wasn't going to be available...?

Gentlemen,

It's a PL mount for 16 mm lenses. Please see this thread:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=78280

Regards,

Craig Yanagi November 8th, 2006 08:25 AM

We had made a prototype of a C-mount adapter shown briefly at HD Expo in Chicago back in May. It is not currently slated for production, but we wanted to know what the reaction from the marketplace would be. We'll have the prototype at DV Expo West next week in LA.

Our study of the indie market, specifically related to 16mm film camera usage, indicated to us that the PL mount was most desirable. This concept gave birth to the HZ-CA13U 16mm film lens adapter. Carl has kindly provided the discussion link in the previous message.

Craig

Toenis Liivamaegi November 8th, 2006 09:17 AM

So, all the HD100 system PDFs are misleading from the day one, for a year and a half?
All the broshures still downloadable from JVC sites around the world clearly show a c-mount option on the "film chool usage" page.

I`m aware of the 16mm PL adaptor for a time too long.

Still, any third party options?

Regs,
T

Tim Dashwood November 8th, 2006 10:22 AM

3 Attachment(s)
It would be impossible to make a direct C-Mount adapter for the HD100 without removing the safety glass behind the bayonet mount. The back flange distance is much shorter on C-mount and therefore the lens would need to go inside the camera body to focus properly.

However, I had a C-mount adapter machined last year that sits flush with the bayonet mount.
Of course, since the back flange distances are completely different, it turns the C-mount lens into a macro lens with a very narrow FOV.
I did this for my home-built mini-35 setup, using a c-mount lens as the relay from my ground glass. I've attached some photos.

JVC also used to sell a C-mount adapter years ago for 2/3" bayonet mounts. I actually have two. The model number is HZ-CA23U. You can find them on ebay every once in a while. The HZ-NK23 is a similar 2/3" Nikon F Adapter, but I unfortunately don't own one.
I have no idea if an 2/3" to C-mount adapter of this sort would allow C-mount use on the HD100 in conjunction with the ACM-17. It is possible if the back flange distances all lined up.

Toenis Liivamaegi November 12th, 2006 08:29 AM

Thanks Tim,

Your information is exactly what I needed.
Our intended application for the mount is for relay lens.
There are even sub f1 c-mount lens in production today and using such a lens in image plane converter setup for HD100 would be quite desirable.

Cheers,
T

Andrew Young November 13th, 2006 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Dashwood
I had a C-mount adapter machined last year that sits flush with the bayonet mount.
Of course, since the back flange distances are completely different, it turns the C-mount lens into a macro lens with a very narrow FOV. I did this for my home-built mini-35 setup, using a c-mount lens as the relay from my ground glass.

Hi Tim,
Hope you are well. What I'd love to know is did the c-mount work as a relay? I've been trying to evaluate the Redrock for filmout and have been trying to tackle the relay issue as well. I do have a number of c-mount lenses, including that 25mm Switar, but I couldn't get anything to focus where I needed it to.