DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   HD100E head cleanup problem (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/91545-hd100e-head-cleanup-problem.html)

Shai Camerini April 15th, 2007 07:11 AM

HD100E head cleanup problem

I purchased my HD100 almost a year ago, since then i already shoot about 500 drum hours, usually DV 50i, indoors on a tripod.
In total i shoot only about 30 drum hours of ENG. Lately during pause time in camera mode, i had a blinking message in the VF saying "Head cleanup required".
At the beginning i tried cleaning it with a sony cleanup tape, but the same occurred again and again.
I then went to the JVC dealer where i bought the camera and begun (by his advice) cleaning the head with a brand new Panasonic cleanup tape.
The message continued, until I notice that material shoot with that camera is played back on the same camera with digital drops.
I then checked the tapes on external VTR and it seam to be OK.
I returned to the same JVC dealer, and this time the technician replaced the camera head (I was required to pay for the repair, even though the camera is still under the one year warranty).
The Technician then told me that JVC has declared that the sony DV tapes witch i used are damaging the camera, and recommend to use only the Panasonic professional tapes.
About a weak later the message "Head cleanup required" has returned.
Suggestions?

Mike Teutsch April 15th, 2007 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shai Camerini (Post 660536)
I purchased my HD100 almost a year ago, since then i already shoot about 500 drum hours, usually DV 50i, indoors on a tripod.
In total i shoot only about 30 drum hours of ENG. Lately during pause time in camera mode, i had a blinking message in the VF saying "Head cleanup required".
At the beginning i tried cleaning it with a sony cleanup tape, but the same occurred again and again.
I then went to the JVC dealer where i bought the camera and begun (by his advice) cleaning the head with a brand new Panasonic cleanup tape.
The message continued, until I notice that material shoot with that camera is played back on the same camera with digital drops.
I then checked the tapes on external VTR and it seam to be OK.
I returned to the same JVC dealer, and this time the technician replaced the camera head (I was required to pay for the repair, even though the camera is still under the one year warranty).
The Technician then told me that JVC has declared that the sony DV tapes witch i used are damaging the camera, and recommend to use only the Panasonic professional tapes.
About a weak later the message "Head cleanup required" has returned.
Suggestions?

What he said is total crap. Clean it and try it again. Remember when you clean it, that if ten seconds does not work you simply repeat the process until it does. I think you will even find that in your manual.

Mike

PS: You had shot over 500 hours with the camera, did you clean it regularly? If not I can see why it would get really bad. It is best to clean about every 20-30 hours of use.

Mike

Shai Camerini April 16th, 2007 02:14 PM

Thanks Mike

I was absolutely sure that Im not supposed to clean the head unless the camera say so...

What now? how can I be sure that the camera is in good condition, and that it was fixed OK?