DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   More Capture problems Vegas 7.0 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/97248-more-capture-problems-vegas-7-0-a.html)

George Huczek June 23rd, 2007 01:06 PM

More Capture problems Vegas 7.0

Just got a used HD100, and I'm not able to capture anything in Vegas 7.0 Platinum. The computer will not recognize the camera. Firewire switch is set to DV. When I turn the camera on the computer doesn't acknowledge it. Can I check anything in the Control Panel to see if the camera is being recognized? (I'm trying to capture from tape, not from video.)

Could it perhaps be a blown firewire port? If so, how can I tell if that is the problem?

Joseph A. Benoit June 23rd, 2007 04:36 PM

Hello
are you shooting in SD OR HD
JOE

George Huczek June 23rd, 2007 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joseph A. Benoit (Post 701680)
Hello
are you shooting in SD OR HD
JOE

I'm shooting in HDV-HD24P. I tried changing the firewire switch to HDV, (camera off) and it made no difference.

Joseph A. Benoit June 23rd, 2007 08:09 PM

can't understand that. Try shooting SD and see if VEGAS will capture it.
maybe the FW port is dead
joe

Josh Meredith June 24th, 2007 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George Huczek (Post 701576)
Just got a used HD100, and I'm not able to capture anything in Vegas 7.0 Platinum. The computer will not recognize the camera. Firewire switch is set to DV. When I turn the camera on the computer doesn't acknowledge it.

I have Vegas 7 on two computers. On my laptop, I've never had a capture problem. On my desktop, it wouldn't recognize the HD100 in SD or HDV. I realized that the desktop computer was behind on Windows updates (wasn't even up to Service Pack 2), so I let it update, and then all was well. Might be worth looking into whether your computer is up to date.

Jon McGuffin June 24th, 2007 08:32 AM

Not sure what Vegas 7 "Platinum" is as I do not believe there is such an application. Are you perhaps using Vegas Movie Maker or something?

Also, when you hook up the camera, you should see an icon appear in your tray (by the clock) that may appear and disappear for a quick moment. You can also check device manager in control panel -> system and your IEEE device should show up in there. If Windows detects it, then it's either Vegas or a setting in the camera. If Windows doesn't detect it, than it's either Windows or the camera.

Jon

George Huczek June 24th, 2007 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon McGuffin (Post 701931)
Not sure what Vegas 7 "Platinum" is as I do not believe there is such an application. Are you perhaps using Vegas Movie Maker or something?

Jon

Yes, it's Vegas Movie Studio. I expect that the problems I'm having are just due to inexperience! I will keep at it and see what happens. Thanks to you who replied with suggestions.

Carlos Rodriguez June 24th, 2007 12:49 PM

I've noticed that after updating the frameworks, everything works good on capture for HDV. I've never had a problem with Vegas 7, it actually works much better for me than premiere pro 2.0 on native capturing. When I first installed PP2 I couldn't capture HDV to save my life. After installing the frameworks updates, it worked flawlessly. Bottom line, go to microsoft's website and do your updates!

Joseph A. Benoit June 24th, 2007 01:43 PM

Hello George
If you could get yourself a DR HD100
no more worries about dumping tape to the computer
just check out the threads on the DR HD100

Joe