DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HM 150 / 100 / 70 Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hm-150-100-70-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   gy-hm100 footage (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hm-150-100-70-series-camera-systems/146429-gy-hm100-footage.html)

Matt San March 23rd, 2009 01:54 PM

gy-hm100 footage

some footage
JVC GY HM 100 Demofootage Testsession on Vimeo

Doug Harvey March 23rd, 2009 04:37 PM

If the video is truly from the hm100, I would say this camera is going to be a hit!
Thanks for the link!

Tim Dashwood March 23rd, 2009 05:19 PM

Matt. Did you shoot this footage?

Matt San March 24th, 2009 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Dashwood (Post 1032253)
Matt. Did you shoot this footage?

No, I just found it on Vimeo - nothing to do with me at all

Geoff Murrin March 24th, 2009 07:25 AM

Anybody speak german?

The same guys who posted that vimeo have a hands on review of the camera also. It's linked on the original vimeo page. Can anyone translate?

Matthias Krause March 24th, 2009 08:31 AM

Well, a little long to translate it all. He basically describes the main functions of the cam and a few negatives as he sees it. Getting to the menu is apparently relatively complicated and some buttons are pretty far apart (like the iris wheel being in the back). The biggest down side for him is that the handle doesn´t have any controls, no zoom, no on-switch, nothing. So if you grab the camera there you have to use the other hand to somehow control the functions. On the other hand he says he like the build quality. Seems solid. No word about the footage at all...
Hope, that helps...

Matt San March 24th, 2009 09:02 AM

there are some green red fringes on some high contrast shots - as per the 700 - these fringes do not appear to CA as that is also present in some shots as the usual purple.

check out the zoomed grafitti shot and pause - check the edges of the paint on the wall,
this has to be pixel shifting coming into play - ok its not a deal braker but worth mentioning -

On the plus side - smear seems well controlled - look at the direct sun images.

There is no mention if this is a pre prod. unit or not - so we'll have to hang in there for some REAL footage due v soon.

BTW phil bloom did an article on the HM700 and said how bad it was in low light due to the small CCDs - and this baby has even smaller ones so I think we can assume low light perfromance will be well under par

Matt San March 25th, 2009 01:11 PM

and there's more...

YouTube - JVC GY HM-100 Another Quicky Look

Mark Williams March 25th, 2009 01:39 PM

Actually that was a pretty decent video reviewing the cam controls. He is supposed to be giving some links to footage.

Mark Williams March 25th, 2009 01:41 PM

Link to another video on vimeo jvc-gy-hm100 hands on -deutsch- on Vimeo

Randy Johnson March 25th, 2009 08:08 PM

good review. Interesting he pointed out how it looked like the HD7 thats exactly what I was thinking. from what I see that camera is too pricey for what it is.1/4 inch chips and a "possible" restricted workflow for folks like myself that dont use FCP. In that range I think the Panasonic HMC-150 will be a better choice unless JVC pulls a rabbit out of their hat at NAB.

Steve Nunez March 27th, 2009 01:29 PM

Hmm- I'm seeing clipped whites- not good.........we'll have to wait til they're stateside.

Chuck Fadely March 27th, 2009 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Nunez (Post 1034638)
Hmm- I'm seeing clipped whites- not good.........we'll have to wait til they're stateside.

Highlights look much better on that german clip than on the clips I've seen from the HMC150. And compared to the Sony HVR-A1U, which would seem to be the market for this camera, the image is great.

Matt San March 30th, 2009 05:50 PM

download a VLC mp4 file direct footage off the HM100

http://www.videolifestyle.com/hm100/curiousgeorge.vlc

to play in media player rename to MP4

George Angeludis March 31st, 2009 03:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Is this altered in any way? Or it is pure HM100 file?
Cause even as .mp4 MC won't import it.
And it doesn't play in QT as well.
Nor WMP. Only in VLC.
At Gspot it identifies as ISO.