DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HM 150 / 100 / 70 Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hm-150-100-70-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   HM100 lens cover (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hm-150-100-70-series-camera-systems/465535-hm100-lens-cover.html)

Colin Rowe October 12th, 2009 03:35 AM

HM100 lens cover

My HM100 is giving sterling service, but I have a query regarding start up. Most, not every time I switch the cam on I get "check lens cover" flash up on the LCD / VF. The lens cover is open. It has done it since day one, doesn't particlarly bother me, but just wondered if its happening to anyone else.

Sam Young October 12th, 2009 08:11 AM

That is one of the issue that must be addressed in the next firmware update. Unless the warning can be shut off deep in the menu system that I haven't been able to find. It is PLENTY annoying when it happens, and it happens real often. One would think that it is quite obvious if he image is dark, the lens cover is on... what is the need for the warning...

Colin Rowe October 12th, 2009 09:01 AM

Hi Sam.
I just completed the firmware update, I wasnt going to, "if it aint broke etc", and I have no intention of using the class 10 cards. But there is a mention of minor bug fixes (non specific) on the JVC site. I have switched the cam off and on a dozen times since completing the update, and lo and behold, no warning on startup. It may be coincidence, I will report back in a few days.

Colin Rowe October 12th, 2009 10:00 AM

Spoke to soon, Lens cover warning is back

Paul Shapiro October 12th, 2009 11:23 AM

We get the lens warning every time, even after the firmware upgrade, but we've learned to ignore it -- like all those “Any date yet?” posts in the Scarlet forum.

It's addressing the obvious, really, like the “Caution! Water's Edge” signs in Canada (I know, I know, it's for the ice...)

Sam Young October 12th, 2009 05:59 PM

Or "Caution:The Coffee is Hot"

You got my hopes up for a second there Colin with the new firmware, I was about to lift my finger and search for the firmware!

Colin Rowe October 13th, 2009 06:17 AM

Yea, got a little over optomistic. The warning is a more a nuisance than anything else. Perhaps future updates will address it.

Steve Cottrell October 15th, 2009 08:31 AM

You're lucky. Mine opens up with 'Oh no. Not you again.'

Sam Young October 15th, 2009 09:04 AM

Haha, I think mine displayed that once. One thing when using the WA lens, the message constantly pops up, it is soooooooo annoying. Please JVC where art thou?

Kajito Nagib October 15th, 2009 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colin Rowe (Post 1431000)
Hi Sam.
I just completed the firmware update, I wasnt going to, "if it aint broke etc", and I have no intention of using the class 10 cards. But there is a mention of minor bug fixes (non specific) on the JVC site. I have switched the cam off and on a dozen times since completing the update, and lo and behold, no warning on startup. It may be coincidence, I will report back in a few days.

i updated the firmware and still get the message, doesn't bother me.