DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hm-800-700-600-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   Product Demo shot with GY-HM700 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hm-800-700-600-series-camera-systems/475281-product-demo-shot-gy-hm700.html)

Lou Caputo March 21st, 2010 02:54 PM

Product Demo shot with GY-HM700

Here is a short product demo we shot for a client in France with one of our GY-HM700's. The client will be adding a French voice over later, but the images are pretty nice.

Steve Phillipps March 21st, 2010 05:11 PM

Yes Lou, they do indeed very very very nice. Always tricky to judge anything on the web and a computer screen, but motion and colours look beautiful.
Nice camerawork too.
Steve

Lou Caputo March 22nd, 2010 05:00 AM

Thanks Steve. What I noticed is that the embedded video has a bit of a "strobe" to it. The actual video (or even the one on Vimeo), is much smoother.

Mike Laisney March 22nd, 2010 05:26 AM

Great work Lou !

I noticed a white spot (8 Seconds) did you saw it ?

can you tell us your setting? did you have the Canon or Fujonon lense ?

Thanks

Mike

Lou Caputo March 22nd, 2010 07:10 AM

Hmm, no I didn't see a white spot. I wonder if it's just another computer anomaly? Like I mentioned earlier, the video looks different here than it does on the actual Vimeo site, OR the full resolution video itself. Who know what kind of compression they use.

We were using the 17X Fujinon lens on the camera with a polarizing filter, I think the detail was dialed down to -7...I think.

Mike Laisney March 22nd, 2010 07:38 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Less details so you got less noise right ?

About the white spot have a look here Lou

Mike

Lou Caputo March 22nd, 2010 05:46 PM

Mike, you may have discovered an issue with our camera. I'll have to look at some other footage and try to determine what's causing that white spot...I don't think it's dust on the lens.

Calvin Bellows March 22nd, 2010 09:57 PM

A dead pixel?

It looks like it could be a dead pixel. It happens from time to time on my 700. There is a quick fix in the "engineer" menu. If your dealer thinks thats what it is I can pass along the instructions on how to do that.

Lou Caputo March 23rd, 2010 06:19 AM

Calvin:

I'm going to call the dealer today. Question though...could it hurt to go through the dead pixel procedure anyway just in case?

Mike Laisney March 23rd, 2010 07:57 AM

Hi Lou I knew I was right ;-)

I used to have one two :-(

but it's easy to fix folow this instrcutions and it would be fixed quicly !!!

.WARM CAMERA FOR 30 MINUTES

.SET CAMERA TO 720 60P

.POWER-UP PLUS PUSH THE DISPLAY BUTTON AT THE SAME TIME WHILE CAMERA IS POWERING.

.PRESS....MENU PLUS FOCUS ASSIST BUTTON AT THE SAME TIME

.ADVANCE MENU WILL APPEAR

.SCROLL TO ADVANCE FUNCTION

.PUSH: SET BUTTON

.SCROLL TO THE WORD: PIXEL COMPENDET

.PUSH: SET TO EXECUTE

.NOW: PHYSICALLY EXECUTE THE PROCESS

.EXECUTING WILL FLASH THEN STOP

NO MORE DEAD PIXEL(S)