DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hm-800-700-600-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   Problems Recording new SXS Card On KAMR1 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hm-800-700-600-series-camera-systems/522049-problems-recording-new-sxs-card-kamr1.html)

Chris Mendes March 10th, 2014 11:55 AM

Re: Problems Recording new SXS Card On KAMR1

No response today from JVC New Jersey! Craig??

Svein Rune Skilnand March 10th, 2014 12:59 PM

Chris. This is frustrating news. Did you call them or just drop by their office? JVC should be able to fix this. I had no problems whatsoever with JVC UK.

Craig Yanagi March 10th, 2014 10:25 PM

Chris,

I heard from our engineering team that they spoke to you. We're they able to help you out?

Chris Mendes March 11th, 2014 01:55 PM

spoke to Duane, he says another of his folks is going to do the needful. Don't know when yet though. i do have a major 4 day shoot starting the 20th, I'm hoping i don't have to rent gear.

Craig Yanagi March 12th, 2014 05:37 AM

Chris,

My understanding is that we have to obtain a jig from overseas. This may take a while since all hands are on deck for NAB. We are asking for the jig to be provided to us.

Have you tried recording with the SBP media?

Chris Mendes March 12th, 2014 09:03 AM

am trying to get my hands on a SBP card. hopefully tomorrow.
i understand about NAB coming up but its already been over 2 weeks. i guess it will happen when it happens.

There used to be a car company who's slogan was
".......... so we try harder"

Chris Mendes March 12th, 2014 10:37 AM

And of course i don't want tom bust anyones chops but i just want to be able to work....with my favorite cameras!

Craig Yanagi March 12th, 2014 10:54 AM

Chris,

I can assure you that the entire product engineering team is aware of the need to have the KAMR100G jig brought in to the US as soon as possible. Your kind understanding is greatly appreciated.

Chris Mendes March 12th, 2014 01:30 PM

Wonderful. just let me know when the jig is up! LOL

Chris Mendes March 14th, 2014 06:41 PM

update from Duane the Engineer at JVC New Jersey. the special jig needed from Japan will arrive in two weeks. Well i guess i'll have to live with that.
Meanwhile tried a 32 gig SBP series card in the KAMR1. doesn't work either. So neither the new SBS series in 32 gig or the SBP series 32 gig work. My old 16 gig ( which i presume were the SBP series )worked till they were damaged outside the camera.

Chris Mendes April 1st, 2014 08:14 AM

Posting this her in the hopes of it being seen by Craig Yanagi or someone else at JVC. it been almost a month and i still haven't heard back from anyone at JVC about my firmware fix. Is the "jig " needed for a fix coming over the old fashioned way , by ship?

Gregory Murphy May 14th, 2014 01:36 PM

JVC kindly sent me the update file to let the SXS-1 cards work on the KA-MR100G. However the file they sent me had SXS1_Firm_820A as the root file which wont update the machine. I had to extract this file to a folder and then open it and copy the 'private' file to a sd card for updating. The root folder has to be named 'private' otherwise it wont begin the update. Was a bit scary when it wouldnt work but when i figured it out, it was no problem. Hope this helps somebody. It saved me having to send back 2 SXS-1 cards and buy the dearer SXS Pro.