Quickstream and current build.. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > MCE QuickStream DV
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

MCE QuickStream DV
Specifically for the QuickStream DV Portable Hard Disk Recorder.

Old February 15th, 2005, 07:17 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Quickstream and current build..

Just wondering if anyone has any new news on the Quickstreams?? I know the FS4 has been held off due to some recording and build issues, but as the quickstrem is now onto its second generation, im hoping that the earlier teething problems have been sorted.

any ideas??

thanks in advance
Old February 16th, 2005, 08:24 PM   #2
Inner Circle

noone has any real world thoughts on this??
Old February 17th, 2005, 01:30 PM   #3
Trustee

Peter,

I suggest you try a search for "quickstream" and read what other members of this forum have experienced. Mostly not very good with compatability and dropped frame issues as well as computer interface problems.

My personal opinion is very unfavorable. I was in communication with the company on a regular basis early on since I was very interested in purchasing their product, but got nothing but a run around from thier VP of marketing. They asked me to become a beta tester, offered me a discount after testing and talked a "big game" but never came thru. At this point I figure to heck with them.

Regards,

Mark
Old February 22nd, 2005, 05:49 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Well, I had one of the original units and it worked flawlessly for me but then died (still under warranty fortunately). I sent it back to the Australian distributor (Videoguys in Melbourne) who promptly organised a replacement for me.

When the replacement arrived I was pleasantly surprised to find that it was a second generation unit, so I have no complaints about MCE's after-sales-service. They also included the newer Firewire cable to replace the original.

I will be testing my new unit this weekend, and using it for real the weekend after so I'll keep you posted.

If there's no Internet in Heaven, I'm not going!
Old March 10th, 2005, 08:07 PM   #5
Inner Circle

thanks for the feedback guys.. .

at the moment im focussing on choosing between which oine to distribute here (fs-4 or Quickstream) and my scales are tipping toward fs4..

unless i can be convinced otherwise.. which is what this forum is all about :)
Old September 24th, 2005, 11:44 PM   #6
Tourist

fs4 and dropped frames

Hi, posted massive problems with fs4 and mac/final cut hd exp problems on the fs4 site. I am leaning the other direction to quickstream. Hope Wayne can tell us how his works!
Old September 25th, 2005, 08:08 AM   #7
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Jefferson
thanks for the feedback guys.. .

at the moment im focussing on choosing between which oine to distribute here (fs-4 or Quickstream) and my scales are tipping toward fs4..

unless i can be convinced otherwise.. which is what this forum is all about :)

Peter, although I don't own one, I have some reservations about the Firestore units. Have seen numerous threads here on DVINFO that were indicating problems with the FS4. Might want to pull up a search on that and decide for yourself.

-gb-

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > MCE QuickStream DV