DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Micro / POV Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/micro-pov-camera-systems/)
-   -   GoPro HD3 October ??? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/micro-pov-camera-systems/511387-gopro-hd3-october.html)

Chris Medico October 27th, 2012 05:56 AM

Re: GoPro HD3 October ???

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian Newland (Post 1760879)
Sorry Kevin, things changed again, just realised this,

For HERO3:
App compatibility with the HERO3 will be available for White and Silver Editions on November 12, 2012, and for Black Edition Dec 14th 2012. A software update for your HERO3 camera will then be required before using the GoPro app.

That is why I canceled my order for now. I am a bit tired of buying hardware that almost works.

Kevin Walsh October 27th, 2012 08:26 AM

Chris I totally understand the sentiment. It's frustrating to buy something that is rushed to market 90% complete.
However the camera is inexpensive, and it's something that I can start making money with right away. The camera is a little buggy, but it does work. So the sooner the better for me.

Chris Medico October 27th, 2012 10:21 AM

I have a bunch of POV cameras now so waiting a bit isn't an issue. Plus the outdoor sports I use them for is winding down for the winter. I expect in January things will be working better and I'll grab a few for next season.

Frank Glencairn October 27th, 2012 11:57 AM

Just for the record: There is a free Android app called RemoteGO that works just fine with my Hero2 and WIFI pack. You can access all the functions and settings, turn the camera on and of and also see a live stream.

Frank

Sabyasachi Patra October 27th, 2012 12:00 PM

They will sell a minimum of 1 million pieces. 400 USD * 1 million = a very big sum. :)

The promotion video is so nicely produced that every tom and dick will think that they will be able to produce such stuff. Go Pro via their Hero 3 is selling a big dream. They will be highly successful.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian Newland (Post 1759350)
Don't expect a HD4 anytime soon, this new range of cameras was a huge investment for GoPro, obviously there will be a few FW updates but don't expect HD4 or anything major hardware wise for 2 years.

Ian Newland October 27th, 2012 08:00 PM

Their camera sales figures are already huge over the past 2 years and good on then they deserve it, but what most people don't realise is the margin made on accessories. The 3rd party accessory designers/resellers know this too.

Joey Atilano October 31st, 2012 07:42 AM

I am loving the new GP3, it is everything and more that I have wanted. It really is at another level. I love the 1080 30p plus taking a picture every 5 seconds. Maybe on the next one they can do 1080 60p plus a picture.

Here is a quick sample but youtube doesn't give the quality justice.
Gopro Hero3 Black Slowmo run at 2.7K,1080 60p, and 720 120P - YouTube

Lynne Whelden October 31st, 2012 11:07 AM

Thanks for posting. Is it me or are people just not posting much about the new Hero 3? I had asked about the "improved" audio. I didn't hear anything here but did find a youtube video where the person was cutting back and forth between the Hero 2 and Hero 3 audio and showing a clear difference.
It was another youtube video, not here, that pointed out that the audio mic ports are in a different location, stereo and along the sides of the camera.
I'm now anxious to hear someone's report about using an external mic. Is it not posted yet because the cable isn't available?

Ian Newland October 31st, 2012 03:48 PM

The audio is huge improvement on the previous models but still mono. The mic port is integrated with the mini USB port, you need the GoPro 3.5mm stereo to mini USB adpter to access mic in. I just ACCEPTS a 3.5mm mic plug, I believe it still records in mono. As I don't have the cable, can't confirm.

It's still recommended to use external audio recording for quality audio.

Raymond Schlogel October 31st, 2012 11:00 PM

Did anyone else order on the night of the countdown and still don't have one? Everyday it seems someone got one somewhere including stores, was SOOOO hoping I would have one in my bag of tricks for a shoot I'm doing this Saturday.

Where are those late night people who stayed up for it? And have you gotten one?

- Ray

Ray Bell November 1st, 2012 11:46 AM

Got the email last night... should be here on Monday night....

Raymond Schlogel November 1st, 2012 11:58 AM

Hm, haven't gotten any updates. As their site was messing up that night not sure how far down the list I was, took almost an hour of refreshing and having my page time out to get mine in. I did verify via phone the next day that they did indeed receive it, guess I'll just wait and see.

- Ray

Brent Kaplan November 4th, 2012 11:07 AM

I got my Hero3 a couple of days ago, Now after much effort I discovered I cant use the wifi remote viewer app until Winter ?

Great GOPRO way to go.

Jose Rodrigues November 4th, 2012 12:51 PM

got myself this as well and cant use WiFi.. sucks!

Marco Wagner November 5th, 2012 04:09 PM

Pre-Ordered the H3 Black Edition. Can NOT wait to get it!!!!