DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   NewBlueFX plug-ins (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/newbluefx-plug-ins/)
-   -   New Plug-Ins (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/newbluefx-plug-ins/133661-new-plug-ins.html)

Alastair Brown September 19th, 2008 10:16 PM

New Plug-Ins

http://www.newbluefx.com/video-essentials.html

Got to mention this to you guys, as I have been genuinely impressed with it. New Blue have put together a REALLY useful and inexpensive set of tools that add real punch to your footage.

e.g. Have heard that a common complaint of HD Footage is, that it tends to have a grey cast to it.
This certainly rings true for my XH-A1 footage. Using the Color Fixer tool it really makes the clip "pop". I am finding that the first thing I reach for now, is this plug in. It makes such an immediate and powerful difference.

Keyframeable as well!

I could bang on, however, just take 5mins to have a read for yourself, and check out the samples.

Graham Bernard September 20th, 2008 12:17 AM

Like the tracking pixel security tool. Is that auto tracking?

Like the Fill in borders. I can see this working at the edges. Some smear?

Like the "flash" remover. That IS clever! But sometimes you'd want flash? How does flash effect HD cameras?

Sharpen, we kinda got that within Vegas. What extra does this bring?
I have this within NeatVideo. Does it handle temporal processing?

Tint looks neat.

Color Fixer Plus, I do have MB Looks. But as a quickie - sure.

Grazie

Alastair Brown September 21st, 2008 02:05 PM

Hi Graham,

The Pixel tool can be keyframed. Daed Simple, just drag the centre and Vegas creates a keyframe.

You have various options for the fill type on the border tool.

Temporal Processing...sorry...you got me there.

I also have MB Looks however, I am reaching for this first every time now. It is just so quick and works so well.

Rick Steele September 21st, 2008 02:24 PM

Didn't newblue have some kind of a "light rays" plug-in at one time? The kind you use to make text shimmer and shine. I can't find it - forgot what it's called.

Harold Brown September 21st, 2008 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick Steele (Post 940548)
Didn't newblue have some kind of a "light rays" plug-in at one time? The kind you use to make text shimmer and shine. I can't find it - forgot what it's called.

Do you mean Pixelan CreativeEase. It is called RiseShine

Rick Steele September 22nd, 2008 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harold Brown (Post 940677)
Do you mean Pixelan CreativeEase. It is called RiseShine

No. I remembered now... it's this:

velvetmatter

Ian Stark September 22nd, 2008 10:44 AM

I'll echo Alastair's coments about this new suite from NewBlueFX. Another set of very useful tools, developed and supported by a great company, of which I am a big fan.

I'm just working my way through all the tools myself but so far so good. There are a couple of overlaps with existing tools but just as Zenote's Glow differs from Sony's Glow, so the NewBlueFX plugs add new dimensions over and above what we already have, especially at extreme levels (eg with Detail Enhancer, TouchUp and Sharpen).

I tend to use one or more NewBlueFX plugins or transitions in most of my projects - in particular for title sequences where I can go a bit wild. This new package will probably find its way into more situations where I need a quick touch up here and there.

As Alastair says, you'll get a much better feel for them by looking at the examples at their website.

I don't believe I'm letting too much out the bag by saying that I think there are some more NewBlueFX products coming in the not too distant future. They've been busy!

Ian Stark September 22nd, 2008 10:48 AM

Radiance is the (only) product from VelvetMatter. Their Rays effect is much more usable than Sony's. The whole bundle is pretty good, in fact.

Alastair Brown November 4th, 2008 02:06 PM

Worth pointing out that New Blue have a special on these at the moment. Todor has also done a great little featurette to explain and demo them. Well worth the $59 in my book.

Special Offer!

Don Bloom November 4th, 2008 02:19 PM

Todor and NewBlue are the BEST at customer service. I had a problem getting Video Essentials to work (the activation screen wouldn't come up) and through great communication to and from they got me going. It took a bit of time but they persisted and made it work. AND VideoEssentials is a great plugin. Everything they make works great and is worth the money.

Don