DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   NewBlueFX plug-ins (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/newbluefx-plug-ins/)
-   -   NEW nb titler (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/newbluefx-plug-ins/505344-new-nb-titler.html)

Leslie Wand February 17th, 2012 09:56 PM

NEW nb titler

NewBlue Titler Pro - Titler Software for the Professional Editor's Schedule

ver 120208

Dano Motley February 17th, 2012 10:00 PM

Re: NEW nb titler

Not enough wow factor for me. I am pc based and would love to have something like LIVE type.

Dano

Edward Troxel February 18th, 2012 10:04 AM

This is a new version of the Titler Pro bundled with Vegas pro 11 that was just released yesterday. It includes many fixes for a variety of issues.

Dennis Vogel February 18th, 2012 05:30 PM

Is this available for download for Vegas Pro 11 users? Leslie's link is to a $300 package. Unless I missed it I don't see it on the Sony site with the Vegas updates.

D

Bill Koehler February 18th, 2012 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dennis Vogel (Post 1715895)
Is this available for download for Vegas Pro 11 users? Leslie's link is to a $300 package. Unless I missed it I don't see it on the Sony site with the Vegas updates.

D

You need to go here:

Download NewBlueFX | Free trial downloads of audio filters and video effects and transitions plugins for Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere/After Effects, Apple Final Cut Pro/Motion, Corel VideoStudio, Pinnacle Studio, Sony Vegas, Canopus Edius... -

scroll down to NewBlue Titler Pro and hit the download link for it. NewBlue's trial version and update files apparantly are one and the same, so the update should recognise you are a registered user.

Robin Davies-Rollinson February 19th, 2012 01:58 AM

If you've already got Titler Pro bundled with Pro 11, you just need to open the titler and click on Help within the titler pane. You'll see an update option there.
It's very good - I don't know what NewBlue have done, but it's much more stable now and a joy to use.

Graham Bernard February 19th, 2012 11:52 AM

. . . on the case Robin!

G

Bill Koehler February 19th, 2012 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin Davies-Rollinson (Post 1715928)
If you've already got Titler Pro bundled with Pro 11, you just need to open the titler and click on Help within the titler pane. You'll see an update option there.

I went to the Help Tab and selected 'About...' and it told me I had Version 1.0 Build 111013.
I then selected 'Check for Updates' and it immediatly told me I had the most current version.

I do note the original Install Executable was 57 MB in size and titled 'NewBlueTitlerProForSonyVegas11Setup.exe'.
The new install executable is 78 MB in size and titled 'NewBlueTitlerProForWindowsSetup10.exe'.

Paul Fierlinger February 19th, 2012 04:21 PM

I hadn't switched to NB titler until I read about its new update on this thread and decided to go for it. Up until now I've been using the Legacy Titler and would like to bring about 100 or more saved title cards into the New Blue's library -- is this at all possible? When I save the legacy titles, where are they stored and will New Blue be able to import these?

Paul Fierlinger February 19th, 2012 07:35 PM

While using New Blue Titler my Windows 7 experienced a MAJOR crash (blue screen, which has never happened to me yet on W7) and when I recovered my computer from this, NB had reverted back to the original, easy to crash version and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't make it to upgrade. I'm back on good old Legacy. I hope Sony won't dump it anytime soon.

BTW, how easy is it to crash NB version 1.0 Build 120111? After opening NB titler and starting a new text, go to File>Open and that's it. It happens every time. It's sort of depressing because for a while I got the taste of how it's supposed to work, which was great, but that's gone for me because all I get now is a message that I have the latest version. The tricks described above don't work anymore for me.

Leslie Wand February 19th, 2012 07:59 PM

paul, simply download from the link in my op......

Edward Troxel February 20th, 2012 07:54 AM

For Titler Pro bundled with Vegas Pro 11, please go here and download the current version:

NewBlue Titler Pro - Titler Software for the Professional Editor's Schedule

The current version is build 120208. If you are not on that build, you are NOT on the current version. Yes, I understand that in some versions the "Check for Updates" option is not working (and suspect it is also incorrect in the current build). Just go to the link above and it will properly download the current version.

Paul, the NewBlue titler will not import presets from the Legacy Titler. You will need to re-create them in Titler Pro and save them there. If you use the File - Save option, you can actually save these in external files which can then be moved between multiple machines.

Paul, as for the crashing, the Titler Pro for Vegas never had a build 120111 so you must have downloaded the "Windows" version instead of downloading from the link above. Please download from the link above to get build 120208 and try it out. If it still causes you an issue, you need to start a help ticket at newbluefx.com so you can get direct help and we can gather more information about your system. I'm certainly not seeing issues just by going to "File - Open" on any of my machines here.

David Jasany February 20th, 2012 08:09 AM

I was able to download version 120208 by going to the NewBlue Help menu. I had to re-enter the NewBlue serial number after installing and running it.

Paul Fierlinger February 20th, 2012 09:42 PM

Edward,
I downloaded from the link you gave me and successfully installed New Blue but each time I tried to open it in Vegas Pro 11 64bits, it crashed Vegas. It occurred to me that I must activate NB first but it won't accept the SN I received when I upgraded Vegas.

Edward Troxel February 21st, 2012 07:54 AM

You enter the serial number during installation with the Vegas Pro 11 bundle. NO FURTHER ACTIVATION is needed! So, no, you don't need to activate anything to get it to work.

Now, if you will start a help ticket on this at NewBlueFX | Video plugins and audio effects for Avid Liquid, Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, Apple Final Cut Pro, Apple Motion, Corel VideoStudio, Pinnacle Studio, Sony Vegas, Canopus Edius and other video editors - NewBlueF I will be able to provide you much better support than I can here. In brief, though, the first place I would look is your video card.

1. What video card do you have?
2. What version of the video driver are you using? Go do the manufacturers website and try the most current version (in some cases, there is a beta version that is even better than the last official version).

Paul Fierlinger February 26th, 2012 06:41 AM

As an Afterwards to my travails:

Edward, I was unsuccessful in getting access to your blog; first I was told that my entries were already taken (of course, by me) and then something else or other kept me out but mostly I had a surge of important matters to take care of on my current commercial job, so I postponed my pursuit of a working NewBlue titler.

Soon, my Vegas 64bits began to act badly in many ways and finally crashed at every step of the way until it never managed to load my project beyond 57% and crashed. Reinstalling Vegas 64 accomplished nothing, so I uninstalled it for the last time and installed Vegas 32, which now works flawlessly, including a properly .working NB titler (note: which I hadn't attempted to do anything about until my workload subsided). It was somehow there and it has the proper version number 1.0 Build 111024 -- go figure, but the upshot is that I finally managed to muddle through it all and am a happy camper; 32 works for me better than 64 ever had.

To answer your question about my video card: NVIDIA QUADRO NVS 420, Version 276.52 GE Force 500 series. If anyone wonders about this choice I have to remind you that I am an animator who works without a camera but hand draws my frames on a Wacom tablet connected to TVPaint Pro 10. It is important to me to have 4 monitors installed and hardly important at all to obtain fast rendering speeds. This graphics/video card also gives me the maximum quality of colors at every step along my pipeline. It is possible that this choice is at the core of my bad experiences (I did have the latest update of drivers) but whatever it was, and I have no doubts that much of it was caused by operator errors, I am in pretty good shape at the moment.

Out of reckless curiosity I once more downloaded and installed Vegas 64 512 and it still fails and crashes at 57% installation. At one earlier point (before I switched to 32) I had renamed the folder where I store my AVI files to find a possible corrupted file but I wasn't even prompted to point there by Vegas before it crashed. After installing 32 my project, over an hour long, loaded in a matter of seconds -- so that eliminated my theory of a corrupted clip.

Edward Troxel February 26th, 2012 12:58 PM

Paul, if you're having problems accessing anything on the website, I'd certainly like you to send me an e-mail explaining exactly what you are doing and what page it is trying to open. If it's a matter of just logging in to our website, e-mail me your details and I can certainly get that working as well.

It appears you are using the original release of Titler Pro. The current version (build 120208) can be downloaded here: NewBlue Titler Pro - Titler Software for the Professional Editor's Schedule

It also appears your video driver is not current. The current version is 295.73 (or something like that)

Paul Fierlinger February 26th, 2012 01:20 PM

Thanks, Edward, I will e-mail you soon. BTW, I did at the time have the latest driver; the one you mention, 295.73 WHQL, came out just 4 days ago so I'll download it now. Thanks,
Paul