DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   NewBlueFX plug-ins (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/newbluefx-plug-ins/)
-   -   Video Essentials lll not for Vegas 7? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/newbluefx-plug-ins/512315-video-essentials-lll-not-vegas-7-a.html)

Ken Plotin November 26th, 2012 12:30 PM

Video Essentials lll not for Vegas 7?

As indicated in the Vegas forum, I downloaded and installed the free version from New Blue FX.
Vegas 7 wouldn't even start ("Vegas has experienced a problem and must close...sorry, etc.").
Did I miss something on installation, or does this really not work with older versions of Vegas?
Thanks for any help.
Ken

Edward Troxel November 26th, 2012 05:04 PM

Re: Video Essentials lll not for Vegas 7?

Yes, it should work fine in Vegas 7. However, it is GPU Accelerated so it will also depend on your video card/video card driver.

Ken Plotin November 30th, 2012 02:16 PM

I tried installing again. The error pop up says "No dlls found in Waterfalls procedure".
A screen came up behind it that allowed me to register the emailed serial number, but Vegas 7.0d still wouldn't open. What is the Waterfalls procedure? I'm running XP SP2 and have never seen this before.

I uninstalled the Essentials program and it's registry entry...Vegas works again.

The New Blue stuff from my old Vegas 4 install shows up and works fine in V7.
I have an older computer without major GPU acceleration, but why would this keep the program from installing properly?
Any help greatly appreciated...looks like a nice program.
Ken

Randall Leong December 1st, 2012 11:09 AM

Ken,

I just took a look at the "Compatibility" section of the Video Essentials III page. Officially, it is not compatible with any version of Sony Vegas Pro below version 9.0. No wonder why you get issues with Vegas 7.

Ken Plotin December 2nd, 2012 11:46 AM

Thanks Randall,
I was encouraged when Ed said it should work, but I do have an old system with a dated (Radeon 8500) video card. I checked the new Blue site and it does appear that V9 is needed.

I'm still confused by the "waterfalls procedure" pop up. Do you know what that refers to?

Thanks,
Ken

Edward Troxel December 3rd, 2012 01:31 PM

The "waterfalls" issue has nothing to do with Vegas 7. It's related to something on your machine. Do a search on google for that error and you'll find some possible workarounds. I do not know why some machines are getting that error and the workarounds don't always work.

Ken Plotin December 3rd, 2012 11:03 PM

You got it Ed!
Seems to be processor related...ie: my ancient one just 'aint cuttin' it. From what I read, the workarounds consist of making the OS ignore processor info on installation of a program. That doesn't inspire a lot of confidence in system stability on my old box.
I definitely see a new computer in my near future.

Thanks again,
Ken