DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Non-Linear Editing on the PC (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/non-linear-editing-pc/)
-   -   Help ! Problem with DV300 and my system (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/non-linear-editing-pc/295-help-problem-dv300-my-system.html)

Elmar Tewes November 7th, 2001 01:12 PM

Help ! Problem with DV300 and my system

Seems my Pinnacle DV300 has a problem in my system. I havn't used the card before (except the SCSI controller onbard) and i plugged in my XL-1 today. In the moment i plug in the fireWire into my card, the system freezes for a moment every few seconds. The DVTools Program isn't able to get connection to the XL-1. I really don't wanna buy a new card, this one must work. My system: Win2000, Gigabyte Dual PIII-600 BX chip, TNT2, SBLive. There doesn't seem to be an interrupt conflict (or it isn't shown...). Someone with the same problem fixed it?

Elmar Tewes November 7th, 2001 05:45 PM

Seems the problem is solved after 6 hours of testing (i hope it isn't solved for the moment only). I changed 2 PCI cards and that was the problem :-)

Nathan Gifford November 7th, 2001 06:30 PM

Nope, that could have fixed it.

You might check to see if your BIOS has the PnP boards set by the OS instead of the BIOS. ***I THINK*** W2K likes to have PnP assigned by W2K.

Another thing is that sometimes some boards need to be moved to other slots. The documentation may tell you that, though in my experience it is usually buried in the manual.

Nathan Gifford

Manuel Albarracin November 8th, 2001 02:25 AM

I had the same problem with my DV500. Experimented and moved the cards around.
Guess what? When I move the sound card(SB Live) to another pci slot it worked.

Adrian Douglas November 9th, 2001 05:21 AM

The Pinnicle DV series cards all work best if the card is installed into the first PCI slot and assigned it's own IRQ. Before doing any troubleshooting ensure you have the card in this slot

Elmar Tewes November 9th, 2001 01:28 PM

I solved the problem with changing the position of my SBLive. I have a W2000 system with Dual PIII CPU's and there is ACPI installed in the system so it isn't possible to change the IRQ manually. When i get a problem the next time i try the hint with the PCI slot 1 :-)

Manuel Albarracin November 10th, 2001 10:09 AM

We have the same configuration dual PIII, ACPI, SB Live Win y2k instead I use DV500. Also I have a SCSI raid ultra 160 for my capture cheetha drives.
Have you tried using the Xl1s with your capture board? I am having a problem with mine.
It seems that the DV500 does not recognize the Xl1s.

mantral98

Elmar Tewes November 10th, 2001 10:26 AM

After i fixed the problem the XL-1 was recogniced by the board. But i remember that the XL-1s isn't supported by the actual DV500 (and 200/300) drivers. But i can't swear it, i think i have read something like that some days ago. Try the Pinnacle forum for more information.