DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Non-Linear Editing on the PC (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/non-linear-editing-pc/)
-   -   Flash Video on Web Page (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/non-linear-editing-pc/496777-flash-video-web-page.html)

Ron Edwards June 4th, 2011 06:48 PM

Flash Video on Web Page

Can someone please explain how to get this effect from the studio to the web site?

Video Spokesperson - Add Online Virtual Spokesperson to your Website

Shooting the subject with green screen is not a problem. Removing the green screen with a pc based program and getting the "spokesperson" onto the web page is something I would like to learn. Would be sweet if the person stayed in the same location (like the sample) when moving up or down on the web page. Software needed?

Thanks in Advance
Ron

Bart Walczak June 6th, 2011 02:44 AM

Re: Flash Video on Web Page

It's a separate layer (DIV) with a transparent flash video embedded in it. The position is controlled with Javascript/CSS. You'd best talk to your webmaster, he should be able to create it with relative ease.

Seth Bloombaum July 19th, 2011 10:12 AM

(This question would receive more attention over in the Distribution Center | Flash / Web video forum)

It is a difficult workflow. Once you have transparency in your NLE, you need to export it in a codec that supports transparency - there are few. Usually, AVI-Uncompressed or QT-Animation at millions+.

Then, this needs to be encoded into a transparent flv, and incorporated into a swf with a transparent window. The only method I'm aware of uses the full Flash authoring environment from Adobe, which has a substantial learning curve itself.

Once you have the swf, it's as Bart mentions, in the html layout a div allows positioning, and the position can be changed via js (less common).

An advanced method, IMHO, made more difficult because there are several ways to get transparency wrong, and little opportunity to recognize it's wrong until the very end. You need good shooting, nle, flash, and html skills...

Which is why ispeakvideo.com has a good niche! (no, I don't have any affiliation with them)

David Barnett July 21st, 2011 06:35 AM

I think you guys are mixing things up. This isn't a pop-up or transparent video.. It is a general Flash video which was originally shot in front of a green screen but the replaced with a green & white gradient background to make it blend in with the website. But it isn't a true Transparent video. Bart's right though, you'd create a new layer with this video aligned center & have it as the first action. Fairly easy but you'd need to learn Flash fairly well to do.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seth Bloombaum (Post 1668290)

It is a difficult workflow. Once you have transparency in your NLE, you need to export it in a codec that supports transparency - there are few. Usually, AVI-Uncompressed or QT-Animation at millions+.

Then, this needs to be encoded into a transparent flv, and incorporated into a swf with a transparent window. The only method I'm aware of uses the full Flash authoring environment from Adobe, which has a substantial learning curve itself.

You can actually export straight from AE to FLV & just choose "Encode Alpha Channel" to export without the background. Then you import the video into flash as a general video & don't select a skin menu for playback.

To be honest though, these talking heads are typically viewed as annoying & page viewers tend to look at how to shut them off immediately. Are you sure that you really want/need it? There was a time several years ago where web developers were making crazy flash websites to meet their own edgy/creative satisfaction. It turned out though, viewers hated sitting thru the 10 second flash intros & even abandoned the site.

Seth Bloombaum July 22nd, 2011 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Barnett (Post 1668837)
I think you guys are mixing things up. This isn't a pop-up or transparent video...

Maybe. There are several clips on the site, many of which are transparent. But, I do agree, if you can get away without transparency that's faster, simpler, and better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Barnett (Post 1668837)
(for actual transparency)...You can actually export straight from AE to FLV & just choose "Encode Alpha Channel" to export without the background. Then you import the video into flash as a general video & don't select a skin menu for playback...

Well, yes, if you have AE & the full Flash authoring app. And there are several settings in the Flash project that have to be right.

I say it's difficult because I've coached perhaps a hundred students in the workflow. If you have keying abilities in AE, and are facile with Flash, it's going to be a lot more straightforward.

But the OP indicated that he hadn't had experience with chromakeying. From that starting point, I say this is an advanced project. And, how many video pros have the Flash authoring application?

Then, you need some html skills...

David Barnett July 22nd, 2011 06:34 PM

^^ Gotcha. I suppose long story short, Flash is the software the OP would want to learn. Although, I still think 9 times out of 10 those talking heads are annoying to page viewers, but yeah, learn yourself some Flash to accomplish it.