DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Open DV Discussion (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/open-dv-discussion/)
-   -   Need some creative juice (ideas). (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/open-dv-discussion/10829-need-some-creative-juice-ideas.html)

Alex Knappenberger June 13th, 2003 09:05 PM

Need some creative juice (ideas).

Hey, I know these 2 kids that are interested in doing some videos. So far they've made a setup where it looks like someone gets shot. Basically they put a firecracker under a shirt (with protection, like aluminum behind it) and then put thing of fake blood on it, and then they have a remote detonator, and when they push a button, it lits the firecracker and blows a hole in the shirt with fake blood and stuff, looks pretty real. The other prop they have avalible is a electric scooter. I was thinking of something 007-ish....but I am blank on ideas.

If anyone cares to throw some ideas my way on what we could do that would be more comedy then anything, with someone getting shot and a electric scooter for the guys transportation, that would be great. We originally were going to do 00420, where the guy shot someone because he didn't get him his pot, or something like that, but we decided that it would be too stupid, and the whole 69, 420, 411, etc stuff is "played out".

This is a last resort after much thinking. I know that good ideas come to you when your not thinking about it, but I'd like to get this done ASAP.

I'm terrible with writting fictional stories, if I do get any ideas, they are usually stupid. I can however, take good ideas and turn them into a story. :D Maybe this might be some Lady X stuff on a much lower level? heh

Thanks.

Jim Coleman June 13th, 2003 09:12 PM

electric scooter drive by.

or "hey you stupid F***! get on the sidewalk with that damn scooter!" *POW!*

yeah... sounds fun dont it...

Mark Moore June 13th, 2003 09:19 PM

I don't know how young the "kids" are, but how about having a "bully" on the scooter and having two kids playing something (marbles, whatever). The bully drives by on the scooter and almost runs them down, so they move elsewhere.

Bully comes by and does it again (they're playing something else now) and they move. The third time, they're playing cops/robbers or something with the most unrealistic guns you can find. They threaten the bully with the toy guns, he laughs and says "fire away" and the blood things happens and the look of shock on his face should say it all. The kids go back to playing.

Sorry, but that's about the best I can do with two props and a couple of kids! Good luck.

Alex Knappenberger June 13th, 2003 09:31 PM

Dang Mark, good idea. I'll probably do something like that, changing some stuff, of course. They both have little brothers, that would probably play the parts.

The "kids" are really my friends (I don't know why I always say kids) and they are about the same age as I am, 14 and 15.

Are you like a professional script writer or something? heh....

The scooter driveby is a funny idea too, but not as hard to do as Marks, and why would I take the simple/easy route? :D

Chris Hurd June 13th, 2003 10:22 PM

Be sure to throw a George Roy Hill / Sam Peckinpah style slo-mo on that sequence.

Alex Knappenberger June 13th, 2003 10:55 PM

Heh, speaking of slow-mo's, I am thinking of doing some 3D slow motion bullet action...only if I knew how to make a good looking 3D bullet....

Jim Ioannidis June 13th, 2003 11:11 PM

heres my ideas

you could do a mock highway gun fight.

I just seen Lethal weapon (it's the weekend so it's on every 45 minutes) so you got the seen where Mel is chasing Gary busey out of the club and Gary car jacks someone and gets away in the car with Mel standing in the road shooting at him. Well, you could mimic that a little

or maybe a mock Matrix chase seen like in RELOADED where they are doing the chase scene with the Ducati 996.

Are your friends willing to dive off a moving electric scooter??

Alex Knappenberger June 13th, 2003 11:50 PM

Haha, i'm pretty sure they will do anything. I think I am one of the few people who have NOT seen Matrix reloaded, yet. I honestly didn't like the first one.

Mark Moore June 14th, 2003 04:33 AM

Am I a professional script writer? I wish! My day job (that pays the bills) is Deputy Director of NC Youth Soccer. However, I've had several short plays produced (all comedies and some not too clean!!!), so I think I'm a better writer than a filmmaker! So thanks for the compliment! Sometimes my brain works, other times . . . !

As for MATRIX, I don't think you're alone. I never saw it at the theatres and can't watch it on TV. It just never appealed to me. I had a friend who talked me into seeing RELOADED and I didn't really care for it (plus I didn't understand it because of not seeing #1).

As for "kids", I'm so old that everyone is a kid to me!

Off to shoot more footage of the Wright Brother's sculpture being made. Good luck! Let me know how it comes out.

Dean Sensui June 14th, 2003 06:51 AM

Alex...

If you could get a second electric scooter you could do a spoof chase scene, something along the lines of "The French Connection."

Complete with the sound of squealing tires and high-powered electric motors.

Dean Sensui
Base Two Productions