DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Open DV Discussion (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/open-dv-discussion/)
-   -   Once you mount the wideangle...do u ever take it off? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/open-dv-discussion/469027-once-you-mount-wideangle-do-u-ever-take-off.html)

Marcus Martell December 6th, 2009 12:06 PM

Once you mount the wideangle...do u ever take it off?

Hi guys, i was wondering if once u mounted your wideangle lens on the camcorder...when u take it off?Since i bought my wide for the fx1 i ve never took off....
any advice?

Colin McDonald December 6th, 2009 03:16 PM

Well, for a start none of my video cameras will fit in their case with the W/A adaptor fitted without major reorganising of the case interiors. :-) That apart, I do not particularly care for the barrel distortion that goes along with the Canon W/A adaptors unless there is a need for the shorter focal length.

I suppose the answer will very much depend on what you shoot. I am fortunate enough to have a wide variety of filming jobs, some of which are in confined spaces indoors, others almost needing a teleconverter. But there are folks on this list who have said they keep their W/A adaptors on all the time.

Dean Sensui December 7th, 2009 02:08 PM

I have the Sony WA adapter for the EX1 and it stays in place all the time except for cleaning and the rare occasion I need a little more reach on the telephoto end.

The second EX1 I have doesn't have a WA adapter.

Marcus Martell December 10th, 2009 02:19 PM

i ve noticed a difference of light between my A cam(z1) with wide and the B cam(z1) without wide.The a cam is less light sensible!It's darker.What's your cent on that?

thx u chicos MM

Brian Drysdale December 11th, 2009 04:11 PM

Sounds like transmission loses due to the extra glass. Film lenses use T stops that allow for this (with older zoom lenses you could lose nearly a stop) rather than f stops for setting the aperture.

Marty Welk December 11th, 2009 04:36 PM

took it off and threw it away :-)
not really but at the time i couldnt believe the ammount of damage it was doing to the picture.
Purchaced a raxnox(sp) which had less distortion then the cannon, full zoom through.
It worked wonderfull when in tight spaces, one day a camera was having softness issues, One more hunk of "glass" issues and that dropped f-stop from going through one more hunk of glass, and more CCD smearing than usual.
couldnt figure out WHAT was wrong in the ONE particular tough situation, so i told the camera to remove the thing. boom everything in the picture cleared right up.
now the WA only goes on when WA is needed. but its a Fear paranoia thing, not reality, because untill that shoot i didnt notice any problems.

Marcus Martell December 12th, 2009 02:56 AM

So you suggest me to use in:

tight spaces
Wider shots like wide landscapes
and???

Marty Welk December 12th, 2009 08:18 AM

and
avoid
in low light situation
situations where lightS could bounce in the lens funkey
use great hood out doors
remove anytime your zooming and picture seems soft, unless your want soft