DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Open DV Discussion (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/open-dv-discussion/)
-   -   Creativevideo.co.uk questions (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/open-dv-discussion/494119-creativevideo-co-uk-questions.html)

Kostas Rose April 5th, 2011 05:07 AM

Creativevideo.co.uk questions

I need a little help with this shop because i have send them 2 e-mails before 10 and 12 days respectively anf i had no answer from them until now.
I live in Greece and i want to buy from them a sony EX1R...
the questions are:
1) Anyone ever bought anything from them and are they trusted?
2) Will i have problem with the waranty of the product because it is outside from the uk?
3) If the product comes to Greece with problem due to transport do they replace the product?

thank you in advance

Colin Rowe April 5th, 2011 05:18 AM

Re: Creativevideo.co.uk questions

1. Excellent, well known company, here in the UK
2. Probably
3. Shipping would be fully insured

Mike Beckett April 5th, 2011 07:16 AM

Hi Kostas,

I have no hesitations in recommending Creative Video as a supplier. They carry good stocks, are very knowledgeable, and have excellent customer service in my experience. Any time something is out of stock, or there is a problem, they have called me same day to discuss - and sometimes I have just got a call to say the order is shipped, or will be delayed by a day, which is nice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kostas Rose (Post 1635522)
1) Anyone ever bought anything from them and are they trusted?

Yes, and yes.

Quote:

2) Will i have problem with the waranty of the product because it is outside from the uk?

I can't be absolutely certain, but isn't Sony a European guarantee? That is, the "E" models will be supported throughout Europe. If you have a problem with the goods, I'm sure CVP will assist too.

Quote:

3) If the product comes to Greece with problem due to transport do they replace the product?

Shipping options include insurance, I think, as Colin says.

If you have any specific questions about shipping, email them (or call them on the phone if you are happy doing that). They'll know more about trans-European shipping than me!

Gary Nattrass April 5th, 2011 09:23 AM

Kostas you could also contact some other companies to see if they can supply you and give you a better price:

Try:
H Preston - H Preston Media - Worcester & London
The UK's number 1 Apple Mac & Adobe Dealer ? Jigsaw Systems Ltd
Broadcasting Equipment Sales, Broadcast Equipment Rental, Broadcast Project Solutions, Outside Broadcast Equipment, UK, America, Australia, Qatar, India | Gearhouse Broadcast

I have bought from Creative in the past with no problems but there are other suppliers that as equally as good.