DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Open DV Discussion (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/open-dv-discussion/)
-   -   2013 New Year Resolutions .. (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/open-dv-discussion/513046-2013-new-year-resolutions.html)

Allan Black December 30th, 2012 07:21 PM

2013 New Year Resolutions ..

... so, mine are the usual, more exercise, less cursing etc.

But this year I'm adding, less coffee .. I believe I can manage on 4 cups a day dammit!

Happy New Year to all :)

Cheers.

Dmitri Zigany December 31st, 2012 03:53 AM

Re: 2013 New Year Resolutions ..

My New Year Resolution will be 1920x1080 ;)

Kevin McRoberts December 31st, 2012 12:14 PM

Figure out what I'm doing, and do it on purpose.

Keith Dobie January 2nd, 2013 02:16 AM

...shoot and edit more small projects just for the fun of it.

Mike Beckett January 2nd, 2013 03:06 AM

Stop spending money on cameras....!

Oops, I just bought a JVC HM600.

That didn't last long!

Andy Wilkinson January 2nd, 2013 04:55 AM

Mine are as Mike's, although in my case I just bought a C100! (well, very recently).

I am tempted by a GoPro Hero 3 Black - but that can wait until I get confirmation that the firmware glitches (with freezing) have been sorted/the specific high profile corporate job involving cars that it would be for gets confirmed.

I DO intend to spend a bit of money on sound gear, new mics etc. no matter what in 2013. A new hypercardoid (AT4053b) is already on its way to me, along with a few other things, but most of all I intend to do more in-depth learning on mic selection and placement/best practice techniques in sound recording.

Overal, my aim is to try and take my sound production skills to the next level.

Stelios Christofides January 2nd, 2013 04:58 AM

So far so good so I will carry on as I did for the past 45 years...

stelios

Chris Harding January 2nd, 2013 07:56 AM

Hi Stelios

Yours sounds the most sensible of all. I am moving from 3 chip CMOS cameras that I have always used and going into APS-C sensors so goodness knows what will happen. Sony were the only people to bring out a new moderately priced shoulder mount camera in the NEX EA-50 so I'm delving into the world of interchangeable lenses and depth of field issues now which could be fun. As an ex-wedding photog the technical side is not a problem ..just getting used to using lenses to get the same sort of images I used to get with large format film cameras many many years ago.

Still is quite a big step jumping ship from Panasonic for the last 20 years!!

Otherwise all will still be the same. I guess I also broke my resolution rule like Mike did!!

Chris

Don Bloom January 2nd, 2013 04:29 PM

My resolution is not to make any. Everytime I do they don't last. HOWVER this is more of a promise to myself and not a resolution. This will be my last year of shooting weddings. I don't have a lot booked and whatever I have is it. I'm not booking anymore an am working on something that hopefully will allow me to keep my promise to myself.
I simply don't enjoy doing them anymore so when you don't enjoy the work, stop doing it. :-(
Oh yeah, I'm like Chris, moving to a new camera this year right after I get back from my vacation. So not spending money is not on my list!
Of course, there's always the lottery!

Chris Harding January 2nd, 2013 05:14 PM

Oh and don't forget your resolution for 2014 Don?

To write your book on your video experiences that we are all bugging you to do

Chris

Don Bloom January 2nd, 2013 08:21 PM

yeah like that's gonna happen! Nope once I finally do retire I will look thru this forum and that will be that. I'll use a smart phone to video the grandkids,lay on my couch and eat chocolates and hope I don't get under my wifes feet. Of course I am already under her thumb soooo.......

Allan Black January 4th, 2013 04:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Anyone relate to any of these? .......

Laurence Janus January 5th, 2013 06:46 PM

#1- I want to film more

#2 - Start working WITH my equipment, not against it

#3 - Stop reading about equipment I can't afford regardless of what I would do with the higher resolution, higher ISO, higher frame rates and lower f-numbers (see #2)

#4 Get paid

#5 Have fun

#6 Buy a decent PC!