DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Open DV Discussion (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/open-dv-discussion/)
-   -   Scoring A Movie (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/open-dv-discussion/52955-scoring-movie.html)

James Bridges October 25th, 2005 01:31 PM

Some acoustic guitar stuff would be nice. I don't really like the strum though. I do like more of the picked sound. Slow single not stuff. Can't play the harmonica can you?

Chris Luker October 25th, 2005 03:59 PM

Got one for ya, kind of a slow bluesy guitar feel with guitar, bass and pecussion.
Real simple.
BUT, it's a 7mb .wav (some of the percussion didn't sound too good as an mp3...)
Can your mailbox accept that size or should I post it to my web space?
I don't play harmonica, but I know someone who does... lemmee check with him...

James Bridges October 26th, 2005 07:18 AM

I think my email will with this one........

james@phigmentphilms.com

Was playing around with the first piece last night. Looks like it will work in a few places. It reminded me of Hitchcock. Sounded like something off Vertigo. Thanks man.

James Bridges October 28th, 2005 03:03 PM

Any more takers? I need as much original stuff as possible.....

Lonnie Matherne October 31st, 2005 03:50 PM

Garage Band

apple's garage band totally rocks!!!
I'm not a musician but I created some awsone ambience sonund loops and kick ass stingers for my movie "Drugs In The Workplace" THE INTERNET KILLER mostly with what comes included you can also record your own sounds around the house and inport them into garageband
hight recomended

James Bridges November 2nd, 2005 01:13 PM

bump........

Bob Costa November 3rd, 2005 06:48 AM

Watch for an email form me. Not quite original, but maybe it suits....

bob

James Bridges November 4th, 2005 10:36 AM

bump.............

Adam Bray November 23rd, 2005 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Bridges

I played around with your video a little. If you play your trailer with the sound off and and play the second score that Jason posted along with it, it actually looks REALLY good! I think that voiceover cheapens the feel of the movie a little. JMO.....

Sean McHenry November 23rd, 2005 08:07 AM

James,
Thought about contributing in Unsignedbandweb.com? I have used, with their permission, several folks works from there in my DVC2 and DVC3 shorts.

I have asked over a dozen others for permission to use works I have found there and all except one have said they would love if I could use something of theirs. I am working on several scripts to shoot this spring involving at least 2 of them. One is a music video of sorts for a great rockabilly band.

If you get listed on there, let us know where you are. All the bands listed have sample pieces you can listen to as streams and most have downloadable versions too.

Sean

James Bridges November 23rd, 2005 08:20 AM

Thanks for that info and comments. I've received several pieces from people off of this forum and they are all great. Some have already been plugged in. Right now I am just trying to get it to the point where it can be scored completely. We just viewed the 4th cut of the movie night before last. It's looking really good. Still needs some tightening though. 5th cut is around the corner. Then hopefully it will be ready for scoring. Thanks everyone.

James Bridges December 20th, 2005 03:47 PM

Jason Chapman....... Are you still in on this? I need to talk with you about a theme song if you are interested.