DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Open DV Discussion (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/open-dv-discussion/)
-   -   Guess what Cam! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/open-dv-discussion/91754-guess-what-cam.html)

Michael Ferreira April 17th, 2007 05:51 PM

Guess what Cam!

The Mission: Guess what camera is used in the video blow

Why: My friend needed a new HDV camera but was not able to make up his mind. So he came by the office and asked to play with my gear. Still had a hard time making up his mind. I sat him down and played 3 different videos for him after all was said and done he decided to go with the one that looked the best in his eyes. So i decided to post a video i shot of random footage at the park.*once a week i go out and play around in order to practice* The users on this forum always ask what cam they should get and whats better. this might help give them some insight on what to look for. I know it works for my friends.

Now i cant give to much away but in about two days ill come back and post what cam i used.

Now im not trying to trick anyone by using a crappy cam or anything.

for anyone out there looking to buy a really expensive camera and scared of killing your budget this is for you.

Have Fun

~Mike

Video Link(52MB)------> http://homedir-c.libsyn.com/podcasts...a/GardenHD.mov

Steven Gotz April 17th, 2007 06:29 PM

Could be just about any cam

It is difficult to tell what camera was used. The only noticeable traits are good color, so I am guessing 3CCD, and nice DOF so it must have a good sized zoom (I assume the zoom was the reason for the DOF). Or, the color could be that good in your HV-10 I suppose. The detail coming from downscaling, perhaps?

It was 29.97 so I eliminate the 24p cameras. Not that they can't shoot 29.97, but people usually don't.

It really isn't the cameras as often as the camera operator. So, I guess I'll just wait for the answer.

Michael Ferreira April 17th, 2007 06:40 PM

Steven,

I cant comment on your post at all yet... but you seem to know alot and to anyone who has not checked out Steven's website LOADED WITH INFO CHECK IT OUT...

Steven id love to take a look at one of your famous vacation clips some time.

~Mike

but hard to tell is right.. but i guess that was the point :)

Steven Gotz April 17th, 2007 06:49 PM

Thanks,

I haven't posted a new clip in a long time. I suppose I should. In any case, I will be completely redesigning my site using DreamWeaver and Flash 8 because I am expecting a rush of Mac users to my Premiere Pro, Encore and After Effects pages.

I can't use Windows Media anymore and expect Mac users to visit. They really have a problem with Windows Media.

In the meantime, look here for some really old clips: http://www.stevengotz.com/myvideos.htm

I am still pretty happy with the Jellyfish.

Boyd Ostroff April 17th, 2007 06:50 PM

Michael: it's against DVinfo policy to post the same thing in more than one forum. Your other threads have been removed; in the future please refrain from doing this. Thanks for your understanding.

Michael Ferreira April 17th, 2007 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boyd Ostroff (Post 662263)
Michael: it's against DVinfo policy to post the same thing in more than one forum. Your other threads have been removed; in the future please refrain from doing this. Thanks for your understanding.

Boyd sorry, was sent an email asking to post a link... won't happen again

Oliver Darden April 18th, 2007 01:50 AM

Sony HDR-FX7 or the HVR-Z1U HDV maybe?

Adam Bray April 18th, 2007 06:17 PM

As mentioned, the zoom and the colors look pretty good. I dunno though.

Michael Ferreira April 18th, 2007 08:47 PM

I Guess i can let the cat out of the bag... i had my ol trusty hvr-a1 laying around. i had not used it in about 4 months and figured id take it out and see if it still worked.

Im glad it worked sometimes I go away and dont want to take my hv10 due to the fact i want more audio options so i think i will start using it more often.

if anyone has or knows where i can get a new eye cup and hood ill buy it let me know.

~Mike

Chris Harris April 18th, 2007 10:51 PM

Wow, I have the HC-1 which is pretty much the same, save for some audio options and a few manual controls, that's some great quality footage you've got there.

Michael Ferreira April 18th, 2007 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Harris (Post 662936)
Wow, I have the HC-1 which is pretty much the same, save for some audio options and a few manual controls, that's some great quality footage you've got there.

Chris like i said in the first post i was practicing (meaning not getting rusty with bending down, Holding the cam over my head, Ect.

so that cam was in full auto in fact i did not even white balance. I almost did not even look at the footage but when i got home and saw it i must admit i was happy.

Thanks

~Mike