DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-avccam-camcorders/)
-   -   First Outdoor Wedding with HMC150s (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-avccam-camcorders/240316-first-outdoor-wedding-hmc150s.html)

Mark Von Lanken August 9th, 2009 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Cassie (Post 1188820)
Hi Mark. Loved the video clip. I'm using the HMC150 too (well actually hmc151). I'm still experimenting with different scene files, custom and standard.

Could you tell us which scene file you used? Have you any custom settings?

Shot two weddings last weekend with scene file 4 (b-star), modified the matrix to NORM2 since I'm in PAL land, but have yet to look at the footage.

Cheers,
Scott

Hi Scott,

Thanks. I used Scene File 5. I really like that setting when shooting in plenty of light. When shooting in lower light conditions I use Scene File 1. When I first started using the HMC150 I used Scene File 4, but noticed more noise than I like when shooting in lower light conditions. I have not messed around with the vast amount of custom settings. Busy...busy...busy.

Simon Zimmer August 9th, 2009 09:41 PM

Hi Mark,

The videos finally worked. Just curious - what program, resolution and bitrate settings do you use for encoding for your website?

Thanks,

Simon

Steve Montoto August 10th, 2009 06:18 AM

Mark,

Are you using a fisheye on the 150 for a couple of the shots? If so I would like to know which one works well with the hmc.

The clip is beautiful and I really like the colors on the HMC.

Steve

Mark Von Lanken August 11th, 2009 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon Zimmer (Post 1202932)
Hi Mark,

The videos finally worked. Just curious - what program, resolution and bitrate settings do you use for encoding for your website?

Thanks,

Simon

We used On2Flix Pro. 1000 on the bitrate. We usually use ProCoder, but have been having issues with it.

Mark Von Lanken August 11th, 2009 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Montoto (Post 1204238)
Mark,

Are you using a fisheye on the 150 for a couple of the shots? If so I would like to know which one works well with the hmc.

The clip is beautiful and I really like the colors on the HMC.

Steve

Hi Steve,

Yes. I use the Century Optics .4. I really like it. I also have a Century .6, but I didn't use it on this shoot. I actually did a Von Real segment on three Century lenses for the HMC150. You can go to EventDV-TV.com and go to the Von Real tab. Episode 1.

Simon Zimmer August 12th, 2009 07:07 AM

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the info.

I like ProCoder too but for H.264 I have not been very happy with the results either.

Actually PPCS3 does a "decent" job for H.264.

I have never heard of On2Flix Pro. I will check that out.

Thanks,

Simon

Arron Carlton August 15th, 2009 06:15 AM

amazing video

Tim Polster August 15th, 2009 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Von Lanken (Post 1202821)
Hi Tim,

Thanks for the tips. I will try it out.

Your welcome Mark. Hope you find it helpful.

"Nested" timelines are really useful in Edius once you get used to using them.

Such a powerful program...

Carlo van Nistelrooij September 28th, 2009 09:48 AM

Hi Mark,

very nice video.

Just curious, what was the title/ artist of the choosen music ??, very good choice!!

thanks for info, Carlo

Mark Von Lanken September 28th, 2009 10:42 PM

Thanks Carlo,

It is from The Island soundtrack. I believe the name is My Name is Lincoln.

Carlo van Nistelrooij September 29th, 2009 11:00 AM

Thanks Mark, I found it !!

regards, Carlo

Mike Schreurs October 3rd, 2009 11:59 AM

Mark, Great job!