DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-avccam-camcorders/)
-   -   HDC-TM700 looking for 35mm adapter - a good & affordable one! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-avccam-camcorders/490743-hdc-tm700-looking-35mm-adapter-good-affordable-one.html)

Alex Pomorski January 26th, 2011 09:05 PM

HDC-TM700 looking for 35mm adapter - a good & affordable one!

I have been looking around the net for a few days, going to and posting on various forums, blogs, etc. now looking for the best quality for the least price in 35mm adapters.

Here's what I want: no nasty vignetting, dust speckles, or general blurriness where it shouldn't be blurry and chromatic aberration, etc. yet with an affordable price tag.

These are the adapters I have been looking at, and their downsides:
  • JAG35 - only sells the JAG35SP now, which is about $400
  • Twoneil - vibrating adapter out-of-stock, only static adapters right now
  • VidAtlantic EnCinema - an affordable static adapter, but some youtube footage exhibits the problems I have mentioned
  • eBay - obvious disadvantage is you don't know what you're going to get and it's not the kind of thing somebody can say, "yeah I've used that before" on. Only safety net is seller feedback ratings and return policies.

I've decided not to do a DIY adapter either. So, what are your suggestions? I would also like to see an affordable vibrating adapter since the sites I've mentioned no longer have any available.

Corey Graham January 27th, 2011 07:50 PM

EnCinema

The only one I can speak for is the EnCinema. I bought it a few weeks ago for my HMC40, and am using a Nikon 50mm f/1.8 lens with it. Also a set of macro lenses so the camera can focus on the ground glass.

There are some major drawbacks that keep me from considering using this in a serious production: dust, graininess and a huge amount of light required. I could see a definite use for it in a more stylized production, but I don't plan on doing much with it.

I'd definitely recommend a vibrating adapter.

Jackson Hager January 27th, 2011 08:07 PM

Jag35ST | Jag35.com

I have one I never use. Not vibrating, but cheap and only (so they say) about 1/2 stop loss of light. I got it for my TM700, so I know it will fit yours! Anyway, you can pm me if interested. I have a canon 50mm 1.8 lens to go with it.

Alex Pomorski January 28th, 2011 02:18 PM

Actually, somebody on AVS forums PM'd me and I'm probably going to buy his JAG35Pro vibrating adapter - he's throwing in 2 lenses as well, all for a very reasonable price. I was actually considering buying a separate DSLR for a bit, but it looks like I'll probably go with this deal instead.

The JAG35Pro is a discontinued product and from youtube videos I've seen it looks quite good. there isn't as much vignetting as some other adapters I've seen and the glass grain isn't noticeable when the vibration is turned on.