DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-dv-mx-gs-series-assistant/)
-   -   what I did do for run and gun (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-dv-mx-gs-series-assistant/26252-what-i-did-do-run-gun.html)

Tom E Young May 19th, 2004 05:01 PM

what I did do for run and gun

So far I have twenty minutes about of run and gun for fun video on my dv tape. Here is what I did. I did run up to some one and say out loud HELLO and pointed my zr20 real close to face when some one turned around. I record for five seconds and run away. I did do this with many people and I have funny stuff. Some people yell at me but before some of them can I all ready have run away. I did do some fun ten second interviews which I say something right away and I get only dumb look or say they something dumb. When I record one hour of run and gun for fun I will record another tape and make a tapes for TV and sell then for twenty dollars at work. If I make good money I will have more money for my new gs400 camcorder which I am waiting for. I did not phone this week.

Jean-Philippe Archibald May 19th, 2004 05:10 PM

Hopefully, people like you only have cameras and not real gun! :-)

Tom E Young May 19th, 2004 05:16 PM

My dad has a 22 rifle and shot gun for foxes when we had a farm. My dad is keeping them but not using them when they buy another farm soon. He is thinking to move and buy close to Roblin because it is nice country and farm land and has lots of rain for growing things. He does not like the big city. My mom does not like the city to and she says the country is healthy living but more money. I will stay and wait for gs400 and all my friends and work is here but I do not make lots of money.

Frank Granovski May 19th, 2004 06:06 PM

Cabbage farm? Wait, I know. Chickens? I kind of do this with taking pictures, but keep my mouth shut and use a 135mm lens. A 180mm or 200mm would be even better, but a sharp one is costly, when you buy Nikkor; Leica, even more so.

Rob Wilson May 19th, 2004 06:35 PM

Tom,

If you're going to sell this stuff legally, you'll need signed releases from anyone that appears in the shot. Might want to consider that before going to public with it. Consequences could involve being sued for significant money.

Tom E Young May 20th, 2004 05:27 PM

Edmonton is a big city and people on the street do not know who I am. No one is going to sue me for running up and saying hello and recording.

Tavis Shaver May 20th, 2004 06:16 PM

Quote:

Tom,

If you're going to sell this stuff legally, you'll need signed releases from anyone that appears in the shot. Might want to consider that before going to public with it. Consequences could involve being sued for significant money.
are you sure that's how it works? What about all that "Girls gone wild" crap, i'm sure not all the girls that appear have signed releases.

Frank Granovski May 20th, 2004 06:21 PM

If he's just going to sell this "Hello" video to friends, I don't see a problem either. Most people are hams anyway, and who wants to track down a kid with a cheap cam? Oops, I forgot about Alex, but then he put his "mall cops s_ck" video up on the net. :-))

Tavis Shaver May 21st, 2004 01:49 PM

mall cops do kinda' s_ck tho.