DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-dv-mx-gs-series-assistant/)
-   -   Thank you! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-dv-mx-gs-series-assistant/5749-thank-you.html)

Adams Sin December 31st, 2002 10:02 PM

Thank you!

Thank you to all guys here helping me for upgrading firmware of my MX300EN

Hong Kong dealer has received the relevant information from Japan for upgrading firmware since I told it the problem and solution. They can now offer free upgrade for me!

Frank Granovski January 4th, 2003 11:04 PM

That was the version 1.5 or 1.6 firmware?

Adams Sin January 5th, 2003 09:22 AM

the upgrade firmware is 1.6

OIS has great imporvement!!

:-)

Frank Granovski January 5th, 2003 06:35 PM

"OIS has great improvement"

I keep hearing this, but Pana AU won't verify this! I guess they'd be swamped with MX owners wanting their upgrade.

Steven Khong January 6th, 2003 02:55 AM

Yeah, poor techies... overworked & under-appreciated. I'm a techie too... but in a different industry, bar coding & PCs.

Glad to hear Adam's happy with his firmware upgrade. When I upgraded mine in Oct 2002 (Thanks to Frank's tip off), and asked them if they upgraded my firmware to 1.5, they said "Yes, but now you have the very latest, 1.6". I was happy for a while but then a bit apprehensive about being the guinea pig for the new 1.6 firmware. Couldn't wait to get back to my PC. Who knows if the firmware fixes something but breaks something else...

1.6 does fix the DV-OUT glitches problem. Phew! Then when I stumbled on the OIS improvement by accident, BOY, was I happy! :) :) :)

Let me stress that it works for PAL, but what about NTSC MX3000s? Anybody out there in NTSC land tried asking for an upgrade, let us know.

I remember reading somewhere that the NTSC version doesn't suffer from DV-OUT glitches problems, so it may not be justified to create a new firmware version for NTSC. Just my speculation. Though that OIS improvement would be nice to have... unless you work from tripods or zoom less than 6x all the time.

Frank Granovski January 6th, 2003 06:26 AM

There have been no problems reported with the MX3000, regarding firmware, that I've heard about. (But then again, I don't read Japanese.)

Actually, with my first MX300, I had downloaded footage into a MAC a couple of times, and had not noticed this "glitch" problem at all. And it wasn't until AngryofMafair, a forum member, discovered this glitch and posted his findings on some other forums, that I found out about this. So, thanks AngryofMayfair!

PS: you got to love this pen name (AngryofMayfair). There's a long story behind it, and perhaps he'll share it here for all the MX forum members. It's a good one!

Adams Sin January 6th, 2003 06:37 AM

I also have noticed this glitching problem since I bought my MX300 for about one month. But I paid more attention on the capture card, its driver and my RAID HD performance for different settings and fine tuning. So not easy beware of that the problem was originated from the MX300!!

So grateful to hearing the same problem here and provide the solution!

:-)