DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-dvx-dvc-assistant/)
-   -   How about this? Panasonic AG-DVC30 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-dvx-dvc-assistant/17198-how-about-panasonic-ag-dvc30.html)

Steve Nunez November 26th, 2003 05:55 PM

When does this camera come out????????

16X zoom and DVC form factor with 30P mode- sounds like a great nature vid camera.....I want one!!!!

Carlos E. Martinez November 28th, 2003 08:35 AM

<<<-- Originally posted by Steve Nunez : When does this camera come out????????

16X zoom and DVC form factor with 30P mode- sounds like a great nature vid camera.....I want one!!!! -->>>

16x zoom but starting at which wide? They do not specify that in order to compare it with GL2 or PDX10

Carlos

Dan Owens November 28th, 2003 10:33 AM

<<<-- Originally posted by Carlos E. Martinez :
16x zoom but starting at which wide? They do not specify that in order to compare it with GL2 or PDX10-->>>

According to the pdf link provided by Zac Williams, it is supposed to be 39.5-632mm (35mm equivalent). I believe the GL2 is 39.5-790mm, and the Sony PDX10 is 49-588mm in 4:3 or 41-492mm in 16:9 mode. It seems to be in direct competition with the GL2. I can't wait to see what's next from Canon, since I am going to purchase a camcorder in the near future. Any of them would be fine, but it will all come down to who has all the features I really want at the best price. This market is getting interesting, and we will all benefit from all this competition.

Jon Kamps December 2nd, 2003 06:42 PM

anyword on when this thing is going to be released I'm planing on making a purchac come end of the mounth but if this thing is coming out within a couple mounths it may be worth the wait to see if it is anygood

Scott Plowman December 5th, 2003 04:07 PM

I wonder what lux is.. if it 7 lux then no thanks! if 3 lux.. Im in...

Arthur John December 6th, 2003 03:04 PM

PRESS RELEASE:

Panasonic Broadcast &Television Systems Company will show the AG-DVX100A and AG-DVC30 at the DV Expo West Show on Dec. 9th - 12th at the Los Angeles Convention Center.

Maybe we'll find out some pricing and when they will be available for purchase!

Carlos E. Martinez December 6th, 2003 03:08 PM

<<<-- Originally posted by Arthur John : PRESS RELEASE:

Panasonic Broadcast &Television Systems Company will show the AG-DVX100A and AG-DVC30 at the DV Expo West Show on Dec. 9th - 12th at the Los Angeles Convention Center.

Maybe we'll find out some pricing and when they will be available for purchase! -->>>

Looking forward to it. Let's hope someone can go there and comment on their findings. Price and availability are very important.

Carlos

Barry Green December 6th, 2003 07:50 PM

I should be there Wednesday, I'll let you know what they say. They'll probably also issue a press release, so check their website...

David Gomez December 10th, 2003 12:26 AM

Any DV Expo reports on this baby as yet? nt

I am deciding between this DVC30 and a GL2 (or maybe GL3 if a new model is on the horizon), and would appreciate any reports on the DVC30 from the DV Expo in LA.

Thanks

David

Frank Granovski December 28th, 2003 05:22 AM

Anywhere in that PDF file..., is there mention of what kind of iris it has?