DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-dvx-dvc-assistant/)
-   -   AG-DVC30 various topics (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-dvx-dvc-assistant/22519-ag-dvc30-various-topics.html)

Michael Fossenkemper May 1st, 2006 09:11 PM

hmm, not sure. I haven't tried any of your options. I never found a need to really do any of these things. But i'll give it a try and see if i'm able.

Jack Watson May 2nd, 2006 08:48 AM

Michael

If you have already checked it out, Thanks. If you haven't don't go to any trouble, as I am returning the camera.

I know my needs are far from typical, but others who are considering this camera and need Date\Time stamp and digital zoom should be aware of these limitations.

I will say that the camera was very nice. Sturdily built, with a great optical lens, and a good feel. I wish it had worked out.

Thanks
Jack

Douglas Clark May 23rd, 2006 02:24 PM

DVC30 at 18,000 ft?

I'm headed for a trek in Peru with my DVC30. Up to 18,000 ft. Does anyone have experience or advice for high altitudes (regarding the camera, that is... My body is another topic ;-) ? Assuming that I can keep the camera above freezing, and without condensation, are there other altitude effects to watch out for? The DVC30 specs don't mention altitude.

Michael Fossenkemper May 23rd, 2006 08:44 PM

sounds like a fun trip. I've had mine up to 12,000 with no problems other than panting like a fool. this winter on really cold days here in NYC, I would occasionally hear a funny noise coming from the transport. this was below freezing though. Kind of sounded like a whine. didn't seem to affect anything other than the mic picking it up.

Matt Stahley May 23rd, 2006 11:21 PM

ive seen PD150's etc on Everest (on tv of course) so i doubt you will have any problems. i think temp would have more effect than altitude. good luck on the trip. Ive only been to the summit of Mt. Washington NH. I could only imagine something 3 times the height :)

Federico Prieto May 25th, 2006 08:19 PM

"Apr. 14, 1999: Last Sunday in Huntsville, Ala., a weather balloon was launched amid the golden light and stretching shadows of late afternoon. The whipping wind quickly carried the balloon aloft at 6:47 p.m. CDT, encouraged by the enthusiastic cheers of the launchers. Their eyes followed the balloon until it disappeared into the expansive blue sky, then they quickly huddled around tiny TV monitors to watch scenic video filmed from the balloon’s payload.

Thanks to the balloon’s downward-pointing video camera, anyone with Internet access could watch the world from the balloon’s point of view. The live webcast featured images of the sunset as seen from 80,000 ft and eerie gurgling sounds caused by high altitude winds. Selected video highlights are now available for replay. They include a movie of the launch, sunset from the stratosphere, and an audio recording of the balloon bursting at 95,000 ft."

Bob Limberg August 10th, 2006 01:15 PM

Batteries for DVC30

Does the battery series that fit my DVX100B work on the DVC30 that I'm thinking about getting?

Peter Jefferson August 11th, 2006 04:40 AM

yes, however if your planning on using teh DVC30 as a B roll to the 100b, then id strongly recomend you run tests before hand.. the image is TOTALLY different from each camera...

David Roseland August 27th, 2006 10:59 AM

DVC30 pink shows up red?!

does anyone else have this problem? I white balance and everything, but on shades of pink (including fuchsia) it shows up as shades of red. this sucks because i shoot weddings with two cameras, the other shows the pink shades. thus my delimma. if anyone knows how to correct this please let me know! thanks!

Peter Jefferson August 30th, 2006 06:21 AM

yup.... the red saturation is too high on this unit, and if u tweak it, it will affect the whole colour range..

i took the cam when it was first released out ona job where the bridesmaids dresses were hot pink.. they looked red...
i took the camera back and got a seconds DVX100....
the only think i miss is the looooooooong zoom...

Michael Fossenkemper August 30th, 2006 04:48 PM

hmmm, did you try tweeking down the chroma setting?

Peter Jefferson August 30th, 2006 05:52 PM

i had a prerelease pal model before they hit the market (i worked as a distributor) so knowing these cams was paramount to my sales....
That and the fact that i already had DVX100's in stock and in my own studio.... so knowing the insides was pretty standard stuff... tweaking these cams wasnt brain surgery...
Trying to use sell the 30 as a "second unit" for DVX100's failed abysmally due to the lack of colour matching. If they could at least match that saturation and chroma phase, then it would have sold like hotcakes, but it didnt, so it didnt sell that much... it was nigh on impossible to match the 2... irrespective of what settings you had them on..
to this day, even matching a dvx100 to a 100a is nigh on impossible... even if u dumb it down... i dont know if its the 12bit RGB chip or what... either way, ive found the only to match pana cameras is if theyre the same unit...

either that or im missing something..

David Roseland August 31st, 2006 07:56 AM

yeah, i've since then tweak the color settings, a little too late though. but the colors still end up having an abnormal tint to them. i just had to create a seperate user setting just for fuchsia. that is a major achilles heel if you ask me. other then that i've loved the camera...too bad i guess. thanks for the input.

Jeffrey Lovell October 1st, 2006 08:05 PM

Aaarrrgggg!

I just shot a outdoor wedding today, Beautiful outside, no breeze, beautiful couple. Got home, rewound the tape and went to import them and nothing.

Dirty heads I believe. Worked on regular video recorders for 20 years but can I clean the video heads on my DVC30 the same way as I did peoples VHS desks? Denatured Alc on a wet shamy.

Need help quick. Couple comes back in a week and a few days from their honey moon!!!

Jeff Lovell
Created Design Video

I really don't want to send this in.

Peter Jefferson October 3rd, 2006 12:55 AM

i woudlnt clean the head with THAT...

id use a dry type (or hhrard type) head cleaner

also what do u mean by "nothing"

need more info