DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-dvx-dvc-assistant/)
-   -   ME66 good with my DVX100AE ??? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-dvx-dvc-assistant/29149-me66-good-my-dvx100ae.html)

Jeremy Bond July 17th, 2004 10:21 AM

ME66 good with my DVX100AE ???

I am about to buy a DVX100AE and was recommended a ME66 K6 mic to go with this by a very experienced and reputable firm of film makers and suppliers here in London. I have seen on a discussion that people are saying this is NOT a good mic for this camera - it is too "hot". Do they mean the 100 - is it actually okay on the latest model the 100AE? Why was I told this was a great mic for the camera?

Thanks for your help.

Confused of London!

Scott Plowman July 17th, 2004 11:43 AM

i have same set up.. people say tis too hot. Outdoors youll be ok.. indoors doing interviews the mic is a little hot.. but will suffice..

its just for indoors small rooms there is Mics that fair better.. Thats all...

i have no remorse.. Dont be afraid :)

Peter Sieben July 17th, 2004 04:33 PM

I've thinking about this microphone also. Can you tell me what you mean with "too hot"? It won't be the temperature, but has it got to do with the sensitivity and overdriving the dynamics of the audio-range?

Peter

Scott Plowman July 17th, 2004 04:34 PM

exactly...

Peter Sieben July 17th, 2004 04:38 PM

thanks for the very fast response!

So which microphones do you recommend also? I am looking for a crip sound quality indoors and also a mic that won't record too much of the echo/ambience of the voice/sounds in a room, so it must be some kind of directional mic device. Any thoughts?

Best regards,

Peter

Scott Plowman July 17th, 2004 04:40 PM

Spend a little more and get the me64 it fits right on the K6.. That way youll be all set...Me 66 outdoors Me 64 indoors..just switch out the capsules..

When you go to fix your car not one tool does everything.. Other than a hammer.and vise grips. but it gets ugly.. lol ; )

Scott Plowman July 17th, 2004 05:09 PM

By the way Pete.. you do excellent work.. im very impressed..
im very intrigued by Lady X.. first time i have seen it..

Peter Sieben July 17th, 2004 05:14 PM

Thanks Scott. have you watched BitterSweet already? That would have been our masterpiece... if we had a ME64 ;-)

Peter

Scott Plowman July 17th, 2004 05:16 PM

im watching now.. i got tied up with ladyX :D lol

Peter Sieben July 17th, 2004 05:18 PM

There is also a lady in BitterSweet... she's a bit older.

Scott Plowman July 17th, 2004 05:32 PM

Sir, again.. im blown away..Excellent work.. what kind of camera are you using im curious??

Your short film was able to draw an emotional response from me :) thats a good shot when you can do that..

Is lady x still something others can still get involved in? Or is it over?? I saw no dates there//....

Peter Sieben July 17th, 2004 05:39 PM

Hi Scott,

For BitterSweet I used my new Panasonic DVX100 PAL, but you could guess that from this forum.

The older projects (ZZZAP, Lady X, Memefeeder, Cokeman) have been shot with the Sony TRV30 PAL (a 1 ccd consumer camcorder). For Lady X and ZZZAP I used a special build in digital effect of the Sony, called slow shutter in mode 1. This gives a kind of film look with this consumer machine, very weird.

The Lady X project has been finished. Check their website for updates and info. There is still one final closing episode coming from the guys who won the best episode award. They are working on that right now.

I'm off to bed now, otherwise this will all get an emotional response from me.

Best regards,
Peter

Jeremy Bond July 18th, 2004 04:28 AM

Thanks for your help. Do you know if there is a site where you can compare the outputs, tech specs, reviews of some of these different mics? Thanks

Scott Plowman July 18th, 2004 10:16 AM

No.. i havent found.. i did base my decision off of the info i find here as well as other sites though.. lots of compelling users answered similiar questions for me/... Many of them had owned everymike you could have thought uodf too.. Try.. DVX user.. There is alot fo good info over there about Audio...

Bottom line... Sennheiser products are among the best available,..