DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-dvx-dvc-assistant/)
-   -   Price drop (Rebate) for DVX100 A (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-dvx-dvc-assistant/38727-price-drop-rebate-dvx100.html)

Bryan Harley February 6th, 2005 07:51 PM

I'm glad to hear the news about the DVX100a not being replaced. Thanks very much Jan. I can't wait until I'll be able to afford one!!! Starving college filmmaker, here. Does Panny wanna give me one for free? ;) Heh.

Matthew de Jongh February 9th, 2005 05:39 AM

Jan, i don't suppose you could assure us that the forecoming dvx-100b won't have any surprises like built in 16:9 (something more than squeeze mode?)

i'm one of the people stuck on the fence about buying my second dvx-100a

i have the full chrosziel mattebox with pana anamorphic lens and i was planning to go with a dvx-100a and skip the anamorphic at least in the beginning and just use the second dvx-100a for wider shots thinking the resolution difference wouldn't be noticed except on close-up shots.

the $300 rebate is nice, and of course i JUST bought magic bullet like 2 or 3 weeks before i heard it was being bundled.

that would have pushed me over the fence right there.

might i suggest panasonic start a website thats sole purpose is for dvx users to voluntarily sign up and just enter what city/state they are in.

if this were something widely spread and put in the package it could create a wonderful upswell of users helping users.

matthew

Jan Crittenden Livingston February 9th, 2005 06:00 AM

The DVX100B will be pretty much a rework get rid of toxic materials. Do a google search on ROHS, this is the European inititve that is causing the change.

I am asking for a couple of things but not sure i will get them. I fully believe the DVX100B will be the same for all intents and purposes.

Best,

Jan

PS interesting idea on the website.

Matthew de Jongh February 9th, 2005 06:05 AM

hell i wish dvx user would just add something like that...

there could be 5 dvx users within 100 miiles of each other, each wishing they had a second camera for that once or twice a year shoot, or who have information to share with the other one about how to get the most out of their camera.

i wonder what % of dvx owners ever find dvxuser.com...

matthew

Barry Green February 9th, 2005 11:49 AM

DVXUser.com does have a feature like that, a "member map". Not too many people have filled in their locations, but it's there.

I don't know what the percentage of owners is, but there's close to 5,000 members at dvxuser.com.

Matthew de Jongh February 9th, 2005 12:10 PM

yes i have noticed that feature.

i have emailed jared but never heard a reply, about a suggestion for a message board with a sub-section for each state.

nothing fancy, just a way for people to narrow down where they are to see who's also from there.

i'd just like to see more uses of this technology for people to connect with people who are closer.

it's easier to connect with someone across the country or across the world, than it is to connect with someone across the city!

matthew

Chris Hurd February 10th, 2005 05:03 PM

We could just do that right here at DV Info, if there's enough interest.

Although it wouldn't have to be limited to one particular make of camera.

Bryan Harley February 10th, 2005 06:03 PM

<<<-- Originally posted by Chris Hurd : We could just do that right here at DV Info, if there's enough interest.

Although it wouldn't have to be limited to one particular make of camera. -->>>

Chris, do it! That'd be very cool.