DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-dvx-dvc-assistant/)
-   -   Wide Angle Lenses (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-dvx-dvc-assistant/6873-wide-angle-lenses.html)

Spike Spiegel February 24th, 2005 12:09 PM

I'm thinking about getting this as well. I had a question though, would you rather go 16:9 and lose quality, or 4:3 wi/ a wide-angle lense and keep it picture perfect?

Donald Pittelli February 24th, 2005 02:28 PM

16:9 vs 4:3

hi Mr Spiegel
well sir the dvc30 dose not have real 16:9 . so i use sqeeze mode whitch dose a very nice job by the way . and i almost always use the wide lens . i think it dose a good job you can zoom rite through and it stays in focus . so all and all i would say its very good . but my standards may be lower than the next guys so it is best to see for yourself . i hope this is helpful . dp

Leo Salazar February 28th, 2005 09:53 AM

LW-4307

Hello

I just bought the Panasonic 0.7 Wide Angle (AG-LW4307) adapter and I like that image quality comparing the on camera lens to the lens plus adaptor, is very consistent.

There is relativelly minor barel distortion on opening up fully but it is minor and predictable that an adapter like this will produce this effect.

The wide angle is of course not as radical as the .3 Century one but is like using a 28mm wide lens instead of a 45mm lens in 35mm stills photography.

Hope this comment is of use to someone looking for this kind of adapter.

Regards

Leo

Rush Hamden March 8th, 2005 01:27 AM

Another solution is to use a 43mm-58mm adapter, then mount a Canon WD-58H or a Century DS-65CV58 screw-in lens. Neither should vignette since your are going up in ring size. But this is just an opinion for more options, in case someone is unhappy with their 43mm Panny lens.

Evan C. King March 8th, 2005 01:51 AM

that is exactly what i just did, i just ordered a stepup from 43-58 and the Canon WD-58H, i'll post pics and results once i get it

Dan Davis March 10th, 2005 09:49 PM

Protection

Is it correct that the AG-LW4307 has no front filter threads?

Does everything have to be done with matte box/filter attachment?

Why would they build a lens without threads?

Leo Salazar March 11th, 2005 07:30 AM

no front threads

Hello Dan

It is correct, no front threads...

Coming from stills photography, I have wondered why in the realm of camcorder optics no front threads seems to be quite normal...

All movements in life require some re-adjustment.... !

On all other aspects, the AG-LW4307 is great, I hardly use the camera without it.

Regards

Leo

Lebroz James March 20th, 2005 08:03 PM

Pana doees not make lens(do they)

Pana doees not make lens(do they)?

Probably leica so thats why people say its good probably is

Pana outsources for lense(also some ccd's)

Michael Best January 1st, 2006 10:54 AM

Wide Angle

I need a to get a bit wider with the lense on my DVX, any recommendations or things to stay away from? Thanks

Tim Hyten January 2nd, 2006 09:19 PM

Century Optics sells good stuff. You need to figure out what exactly you want because different wide angles offer different advantages.

www.centuryoptics.com

Michael Best January 2nd, 2006 10:07 PM

Thanks for taking the time Tim

Andy Loos July 28th, 2007 12:41 PM

DVX100b Wide Angle Lense

I need to purchase a wide angle lense for my camera. Any suggestions? Its has to be fairly reasonable. I found a cheap one on ebay, has anyone used this one. I would actually want to spend a little more, but no more than $200.

http://cgi.ebay.com/72mm-Wide-Angle-...QQcmdZViewItem

Is a dvx100b lense compatible with a dvx30?

J.S. King October 14th, 2007 01:52 PM

Wide Angle Confused

I need a wide angle conversion lens. My question is what is the difference between one that is zoom thru and one that is not? I can find a lens for $200 or up to $700 but need to know what I am paying for.

Giroud Francois October 14th, 2007 03:29 PM

i can hardly remember a WA lens made for video that is not zoom thru.
(but any way if you purchase such a lens, it is not to use it fully zoomed ?)

Daniel J. Wojcik October 14th, 2007 06:07 PM

Zoom through means you can use the full zoom range. Probably without having to fiddle with the focus.

Non-zoom through...won't. Or, at least, not fully.

For instance, the Century .6 will only let me zoom to about 70 on the DVX. After that, forget about focusing the thing at all.