DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-lumix-s-g-gf-gh-gx-series/)
-   -   GH2 and Tekkeon MyPower All battery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-lumix-s-g-gf-gh-gx-series/490559-gh2-tekkeon-mypower-all-battery.html)

Sjoerd Banga January 22nd, 2011 01:29 PM

GH2 and Tekkeon MyPower All battery

Hello,

We are planning to do some extensive shooting with a GH2. The original batteries are quite scarce over here in The Netherlands. So would something like the Tekkeon MyPower All battery work to power a GH2, using the DMW-DCC8?

Tekkeon: MP3300, myPower ALL,
DMW-DCC8 items - Get great deals on Cameras Photo items on eBay.com!

Does anybody have some experiences with this or any other external battery with the GH2?

Regards,

Sjoerd Banga

Jeff Harper February 11th, 2011 04:00 PM

No, they don't have a GH2 solution yet.

Brian Luce February 11th, 2011 05:00 PM

Yes, the batteries used to power remote control cars are the proper voltage and are being used with the DC coupler to power the gh2. Run you about $40. There's a HOW TO video in this forum if you hunt a bit.

Waldi Krasowski February 11th, 2011 05:01 PM

Yo need to find somewhere DMW-DCC8 DC Coupler and feed it with 8.4v from some other source. Remember that polarity of Panasonic DC coupler is opposite - plus is where usually minus should be.

Jonathan Plotkin February 13th, 2011 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Harper (Post 1617244)
No, they don't have a GH2 solution yet.

How do you know that's true? There's a thread where a guy reports that this combination works great.

Jeff Harper February 13th, 2011 11:02 AM

Jonathon, based on what the user in your link reports, the Tekkeon company does not offer a complete solution, a coupler is required. Not a bit deal, but still.

The company does not list the GH2 as a supported product for any of their solutions. If there is a way to work with the gh2 and their product, great. No one "knows" if anything is true much of the time. We usually go on the best information available at the time.

Part of my motivation was to resurrect the thread, which had been ignored up to this point. It apparently worked. Thanks for the link.

Jonathan Plotkin February 13th, 2011 03:18 PM

Hey Jeff - I thought he said that he used one of the couplers that came with the Tekkeon battery but I could be wrong. In any case, I've ordered the Panasonic adapter and I'll test it out myself as soon as I get it.

Jeff Harper February 13th, 2011 05:20 PM

He used a Panasonic coupler. It's nice that they've made one, and the cost is negligible.

Jeff Harper February 13th, 2011 10:55 PM

Jonathon, thanks for pointing things out...the OP had his solution but was, at the time unsure if it would work. I just ordered the Tekkeon and coupler. I have confidence it will work, and the Tekkeon looks to be a great product.

Sjoerd Banga February 16th, 2011 05:56 PM

Hi Jeff,

Please let me know how it works out for you. I am going abroad in march and will be using the GH2. So I should have enough time to order the Tekkeon and coupler.

Regards,

Sjoerd

Jeff Harper February 16th, 2011 08:01 PM

coupler is hard to find right now. I got my battery and it is a slick little unit, very nice and should power the camera for 12 hours. The coupler is sold out everywhere except ebay, where unscrupulous opportunists have hoarded them and are now selling them at double the price, if not triple, just as they have done with cameras and batteries.

Bernardo Gutierrez February 16th, 2011 08:13 PM

GH2 + DMW-DCC8 + MP3450i Tekkeon Battery

Succes! please read: GH2 DMW-DCC8 Dc coupler + Pearstone NP-F975 Lithium-Ion Battery (7.2V, 7600mAh)

I shot 8 hours straight draining only half of the battery's capacity. My guess is that you'll be able to shoot for something around 12hrs straight turning the camera on/off, auto focusing, messing in the menus etc.

Bill Bruner February 25th, 2011 07:05 PM

Re: GH2 and Tekkeon MyPower All battery

I wanted an external battery pack, but I didn't want to do any soldering and the Tekkeon cost more than I wanted to spend, so here is what I put together: a $25 DCC8 coupler from H and B Digital; a $25 AC Adapter from Amazon; and a Duracell Li-ion 110VAC Powersource 100 that I already had on hand (the Duracell is no longer in production, so if I had to do this from scratch, I would buy a Black and Decker CPI100B cordless AC power supply for $30). The 4Ah of the Duracell or the Black&Decker won't last all day -- but it is the equivalent of 3+ GH2 battery packs -- and costs less.

Waldi Krasowski March 4th, 2011 03:43 PM

Well, I have bought "Panasonic DMW-DCC8 DC Coupler" from this seller
eBay My World - buyfromjapan
and it does not work! Tried to supply voltage of 7.2v to 8.4v from both - the battery and
AC adaptor and I am only getting " This battery can not be used"... So stay away of this
seller and double check the others to be sure you get GENUINE Panasonic DMW-DCC8
DC coupler.

Bill Bruner March 4th, 2011 11:44 PM

Genuine Panasonic DMW-DCC8 DC coupler seems to be in stock at Unique Photo ($14.95+$9.90 for shipping).