DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-lumix-s-g-gf-gh-gx-series/)
-   -   Where or how in the world do you get one?? (GH2) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-lumix-s-g-gf-gh-gx-series/492238-where-how-world-do-you-get-one-gh2.html)

David Grinnell February 24th, 2011 05:25 PM

Where or how in the world do you get one?? (GH2)

Man, I've been looking for hours and days to find a GH2 anywhere!! none to be had I guess....

Any ideas??

David

Patrick Janka February 24th, 2011 07:46 PM

Re: Where or how in the world do you get one?? (GH2)

It has everything to do with luck. I was very lucky in that I walked into my local camera store on my birthday, Dec. 23 on a whim just to see if they were even familiar with the thing. Lo and behold they had received one in stock the day before, and no one there knew anything about it. The sales guy said they sell a lot of Canon 7D's to students at the local film school (Full Sail), but didn't even know Panasonic was in the game.

I also recently lucked out by getting a Voigtlander 25mm f/0.95 Nokton lens from a retailer in NYC cuz I was on a waiting list. Fortunately I got mine just before they sold out 'em that same day, which was very fast.

Just keep at it, I wish you the best =)

David Grinnell February 24th, 2011 09:06 PM

O_o

Just a a few mins ago Adorama updated that they had the silver ones in stock, I pulled the trigger... hoping to have beat out the other hunters haha

Brian Luce February 24th, 2011 09:38 PM

They are hard to find, you'll most likely have better luck trying to track down a silver model. GH1's are also hard to find. I don't understand these marketing decisions. Panasonic is notorious for this kind of thing.

Jeff Harper February 24th, 2011 09:42 PM

Wow, you got lucky, they are VERY hard to find. I found mine at Cine Abel, thanks to a good samaritan that mentioned they had a few two weeks ago.

For my second camera I feel very confident the GH1 will be an excellent 2nd camera, and is half the price. I plan on two of those.

David Grinnell February 24th, 2011 09:55 PM

Well we will see tomorrow if it gets shipped or a get a e-mail saying out of stock hah

Jeff Harper February 24th, 2011 10:14 PM

You are likely fine, but I am disappointed with Adorama. I ordered an ac coupler for the GH2 and it still shows as in stock (or at least it did as of a couple days ago) but it is backordered, as indicated when I went to my account to see what happened. I've written them once, and have recieved no reply.

I have a wedding, and can pull it off, but my beautiful new external power supply will have to sit on the sidelines.

I've ordered from them since, but as of yesterday I now purchase only from B&H, as I used to. I can't trust Adorama after this stupid incident over a $15 part. If I need something that only they have I'll use them again, but only when I have to.

Martyn Hull February 25th, 2011 03:14 AM

Re: Where or how in the world do you get one? (GH2)

Google they have been available here for ages.

Dave Brytus February 25th, 2011 08:57 AM

I bought mine off of Ebay...Place in Canada had it on there. Ebay seems to have alot of them so take a look.

Jeff Harper February 25th, 2011 09:20 AM

I too have seen them on Ebay, forgot about that. The prices I saw were high, but if you don't mind paying a premium, they are there!

Guy McLoughlin February 25th, 2011 10:54 AM

Here in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, there are a few stores showing the GH-2 as being in stock:

Vistek.ca : GH-2 In Stock

AdenCamera.com : GH-2 In Stock

Joe Ogiba February 25th, 2011 11:02 AM

I ordered my GH2 with Panasonic Direct EPP on Dec 1st and received it two week later .I pre-ordered the Voigtländer Nokton 25mm f/0.95 from Photo Village in NYC about the same time and received it a few days after getting the GH2.

Evan Lloyd February 25th, 2011 11:10 AM

I got mine from Camera Kings about a week before Christmas. They had a bunch in stock at the time.

Good luck. They're out there.

Evan

Steev Dinkins February 25th, 2011 12:46 PM

Placed an order with BHphoto Jan 14th, arrived Feb 3rd.

David Grinnell February 25th, 2011 03:56 PM

Mine shipped today!! should be here middle of next week :)