DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-lumix-s-g-gf-gh-gx-series/)
-   -   GH2 in the studio (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-lumix-s-g-gf-gh-gx-series/493147-gh2-studio.html)

Mike Kobal March 15th, 2011 06:31 PM

GH2 in the studio

hi guys,
finally had a chance to shoot in the studio, pretty good and very gradable to my surprise,
Melting Point: Spring Fashion Denim Soma Magazine, Tears and Video: Canon 5D mark II and Panasonic Lumix GH2 Mike Kobal
of course I wish pany would give us a 24mbps option for the 720/60 setting.....
let me know what you think
cheers,
mike

Jim Forrest March 15th, 2011 07:49 PM

Re: GH2 in the studio

Very nice! Impressive....which camera did you use for the stills?
So how does the GH2 stack up against the 5D full frame in video?

Mike Kobal March 16th, 2011 07:46 AM

thanks Jim, 5d2 for stills, the gh2 stacks up very well in 24p 24mbps. it depends on what you shoot, it can produce superior results, esp for landscape/documentary type work the gh2 has the edge, low light and shallow depth of field, portrait/fashion/night - 5d.

Jeff Harper March 16th, 2011 09:42 AM

Very nice, the editing was very good, to say the least!

Mike Kobal March 16th, 2011 11:29 AM

thanks Jeff!

Michael Delagarza March 16th, 2011 06:45 PM

Nice piece! I currently shoot a JVC GY HM-700 and am seriously considering a GH2 as a second camera (if I can find one).
Would you share more details of the shoot? Lens, set up (looks to be green screen) any other tidbits.

Mike Kobal March 17th, 2011 06:47 AM

thanks, listed below the video actually, I used 20mm 1.7, 14mm 2.5 and Nokton 25mm.

Joe Ogiba March 17th, 2011 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Kobal (Post 1628419)
thanks Jim, 5d2 for stills, the gh2 stacks up very well in 24p 24mbps. it depends on what you shoot, it can produce superior results, esp for landscape/documentary type work the gh2 has the edge, low light and shallow depth of field, portrait/fashion/night - 5d.

Nice video Mike, btw I think the GH2 with Voigtländer Nokton 25mm f/0.95 works great in low light were you need maximum aperture and more DOF than the 5D MK2 . I guess you have the the right idea by having both cameras and using the right one for the job.

Oren Arieli March 17th, 2011 11:14 PM

Well put together. I like the graphic treatment (and the models aren't very tough on the eyes either ;-)
Perhaps you can share a still from the ungraded image in a split-screen with the graded image to see how much tweaking it held up to. Thanks for sharing your impressions. This is the "little camera that could".

Mike Kobal March 18th, 2011 05:44 PM

thanks Joe and Oren, i will try to post a split screen snapshot in a couple of days, lots of tweaking :D

Dan Carter March 19th, 2011 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Kobal (Post 1628252)
hi guys,
finally had a chance to shoot in the studio, pretty good and very gradable to my surprise,
Melting Point: Spring Fashion Denim Soma Magazine, Tears and Video: Canon 5D mark II and Panasonic Lumix GH2 Mike Kobal
of course I wish pany would give us a 24mbps option for the 720/60 setting.....
let me know what you think
cheers,
mike

As always, nicely done Mike. Your style is definitely unique.

You always find fascinating subjects.

Mike Kobal March 21st, 2011 08:44 AM

thanks Dan!