DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-lumix-s-g-gf-gh-gx-series/)
-   -   Will HDMI to HD-SDI work with the GH2? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-lumix-s-g-gf-gh-gx-series/494275-will-hdmi-hd-sdi-work-gh2.html)

William Hohauser April 7th, 2011 06:14 PM

Will HDMI to HD-SDI work with the GH2?

Wondering if running the HDMI output thru an AJA stand-alone converter will work in a HD switcher system or with an AJA Ki mini.

Kevin Dooley August 23rd, 2011 11:59 AM

Re: Will HDMI to HD-SDI work with the GH2?

I'd like some info on this as well - I thought I saw somewhere that it only outputs 1080p24, but I can't seem to nail down confirmation.

B&H's description seems to say it'll work in 1080i... Nevermind... that's recording mode.

Sander Vreuls August 23rd, 2011 12:59 PM

I've had some trouble getting a HDMI converter (to CVBS in my case, for remote monitoring) to work.. I suspect it is HDCP based so I imagine a converter to HD-SDI would be tricky as well.

That is on a vanilla GH2, the hack might have changed this?

William Hohauser August 25th, 2011 03:53 PM

A studio that I am working for just got an AJA Ki mini Pro. Experimenting time tomorrow!

William Hohauser September 8th, 2011 01:17 PM

The experiment hasn't progressed yet as the AJA KI PRO Mini requires that an HDMI monitor is attached to unit before it will record a signal off the HDMI. It does recognize the GH2 HDMI signal as 30p regardless if the camera is set at 24p or 30p. My portable monitor is on it's way. Perhaps next week.

Shaun Roemich September 8th, 2011 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by William Hohauser (Post 1636604)
Wondering if running the HDMI output thru an AJA stand-alone converter will work in a HD switcher system or with an AJA Ki mini.

Most broadcast style switchers require either 720P60 or 1080i60 (or 24p/30p over 60i) and aren't "friendly" to non-broadcast formats.

Sander Vreuls January 3rd, 2012 07:41 AM

Anyone managed to get this to work? Converting the HDMI signal from the GH2 to a useable different signal? My HDMI to CVBS converter only manages to output the signal when in playback mode, not even live view without recording..

William Hohauser January 3rd, 2012 12:31 PM

Not yet. The HDMI of the GH2 is too problematic both with the signal and the physical nature of the connector.

Christopher Ruffell January 8th, 2012 11:55 PM

Dang. Thanks for doing the test William, but alas, that's not much as a resounding 'yes it works!' GH3 anyone?

William Hohauser January 9th, 2012 08:52 AM

Quite frankly I would rather have a parallel HDSDI clean out than any menu cluttered HDMI feed but that's the AF100 for $3500 more, isn't it?