DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-lumix-s-g-gf-gh-gx-series/)
-   -   GH2 Very shoppy (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-lumix-s-g-gf-gh-gx-series/496215-gh2-very-shoppy.html)

Kiflom Bahta May 21st, 2011 10:27 AM

GH2 Very shoppy

My GH2 test very choppy and pixlated when i open it with cs5. what is going on. Help pls. Here is a samplehttp://www.vimeo.com/24038623

Jeff Harper May 21st, 2011 12:01 PM

Re: GH2 Very shoppy

That's a tough one for me, I can't tell what it might be, someone will pop in that might understand the cause.

You need to tell us what your settings were when you recorded. The problem is likely because of your settings in Premier. I use Vegas so I cannot tell you how to match properties or to render to the correct settings.

Make sure your properties for the project match the footage, for one thing, if you haven't already.

Kiflom Bahta May 21st, 2011 12:28 PM

I recorder it in 1080i and i used the avchd dslr setting in cs5. THis odd my 60 d footage plays fine but not the gh2. i just got the cam. i order a new but the sent me an open box one.

Jeff Harper May 21st, 2011 12:44 PM

I can't stick around now, off to a wedding, but let's give it some more thought, and maybe by this time tomorrow we'll have a solution.

It's not your camera, I feel it is Premier for sure, but I could be wrong. Open box is usually fine, and hopefully yours is fine too.

Colin Rowe May 21st, 2011 02:03 PM

Fully agree with Jeff, almost definately your settings in Prem. Does the clip play back ok through the camera. If it does the camera is fine.

Martyn Hull May 21st, 2011 04:44 PM

Does that link work for you guys? It does not for me.

Bill Bruner May 22nd, 2011 04:05 AM

My playback is choppy in Vegas -- but that's because because I have an old, slow Vista machine.

Your problem is probably not the camera -- more than likely it is a combination of your computer's limits and the requirements for decompressing the processor-intensive AVCHD codec.

Corey Graham May 22nd, 2011 04:59 AM

I am 99.9% sure it's Premiere. Choppy and pixelated described my AVCHD playback in Premiere before I built my new machine with an i7 quadcore processor and GTX 470 video card, plus lots more RAM. Now it's smooth as silk.

Patrick Janka May 22nd, 2011 08:33 AM

If you don't want to or can't upgrade your pc right now change your settings in premiere to preview at low quality.

Kiflom Bahta May 22nd, 2011 10:48 AM

Well guys my pc is i7 930 with 470 card. it works fine with my 60d footage. how do u guys import your Gh2 footage into cs5. Iam just using import with into dslr seq. thx

Corey Graham May 22nd, 2011 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiflom Bahta (Post 1651647)
Well guys my pc is i7 930 with 470 card. it works fine with my 60d footage. how do u guys import your Gh2 footage into cs5. Iam just using import with into dslr seq. thx

That could be the problem -- the DSLR sequences are all for progressive frames, and expect h.264 encoding in a MOV container.

Try to put the GH2's MTS files into the appropriate AVCHD sequence in Premiere (probably the AVCHD 1080i30 (60i) sequence).

Kiflom Bahta May 24th, 2011 06:19 PM

Thank you guys. all is good now. it was seq mistake

Jeff Anderson May 26th, 2011 01:28 PM

Just for anyone else having problems like this, it would have to be the way you are importing video into your editing program. Importing as LowRez is actually how you can cut very HQ footage(4k) then master on a machine i.e. Smoke.

But everyone should really pay attention to the 'import settings' on any Editing Suite. Bottom line, you might not be getting most out of your footage.