DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-lumix-s-g-gf-gh-gx-series/)
-   -   Want To Handle A GH3 Before Buying, NC (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-lumix-s-g-gf-gh-gx-series/515490-want-handle-gh3-before-buying-nc.html)

Dennis Vogel April 1st, 2013 03:04 PM

Want To Handle A GH3 Before Buying, NC

I'm considering upgrading from my GH2 to a GH3. I love me GH2 but it's a bit too small for my hands (which I don't think are all that big, but ...) Where I live, there are no camera stores that will stock GH3s. Heck, there aren't that many retail camera stores of any kind!

Is there anyone in the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area of North Carolina with a GH3 that would be willing to let me try it out for size? If so, send me an email through the site. I'm guessing it will take all of 5 minutes to simply hold it in my hands and see how easy/hard it is to reach the back camera controls. Those are the ones that I have difficulty with.

Thanks.

D

Jeff Harper April 2nd, 2013 08:25 PM

Re: Want To Handle A GH3 Before Buying, NC

Dennis, I'm sure you are aware, but just in case, don't forget that you can return a camera from most reputable vendors without issue.

Kevin McRoberts April 3rd, 2013 12:44 PM

There's always the LensRentals.com option... probably under $100 for 4 days of testing. Understandably it's easier to just see the thing in person quickly, but depending upon your contact's location and considering gas prices and time, not necessarily cheaper...

Dennis Vogel April 3rd, 2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Harper (Post 1788220)
Dennis, I'm sure you are aware, but just in case, don't forget that you can return a camera from most reputable vendors without issue.

Sure, I could go that route. I just wanted to avoid the hassle of rewrapping and shipping back to a dealer if I could.

D

Dennis Vogel April 3rd, 2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin McRoberts (Post 1788359)
There's always the LensRentals.com option... probably under $100 for 4 days of testing. Understandably it's easier to just see the thing in person quickly, but depending upon your contact's location and considering gas prices and time, not necessarily cheaper...

All true. I'll consider that option, or just buying one hoping it'll be OK, if there's no other way.

Thanks.

D

Kevin McRoberts April 3rd, 2013 03:06 PM

I've done the "rent before buying" thing on a few biggish-ticket items... typically I'll rent something new that I'm considering right before a job where I can use it, so I get a thorough working knowledge in addition to a few days' familiarization.