DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-lumix-s-g-gf-gh-gx-series/)
-   -   GH3 with Adobe CC (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-lumix-s-g-gf-gh-gx-series/521758-gh3-adobe-cc.html)

John Cash February 19th, 2014 09:43 AM

GH3 with Adobe CC

I bought a GH3 a few weeks ago for aerial video and I live the camera. This weekend my Mac died and I'm in the process of buying a new computer. I would like to start using the Adobe CC. I shoot in The 1080/30fps/72mbs raw mode. How does Adobe handle this footage. ? Can I import and edit native or will I have to convert? I don't want to shoot in AVCHD

Thanks

Donald McPherson February 19th, 2014 11:18 AM

Re: GH3 with Adobe CC

You should have no problems with native files from the GH3 into CC.

Roy Feldman February 20th, 2014 05:02 AM

Works fine in CC but most have found the .mov 50mbs setting to provide a better picture than the 72.(a lot less noise)

Mark Whittle February 24th, 2014 02:13 AM

I agree with Roy.

In my case, I use 1080p50 being in a PAL country and I cannot "see" the vision through my Matrox MXO2 as it is a non-compliant format, but I use it with 1080i footage from a GH2 so I drag a GH2 file to the new sequence icon in the project window to create a 1080i sequence to match the GH2. Then when I edit GH3 50p shots in there, they play at 25fps. I can still create true slo-mo by making the clip 50% and all the frames are still there for great slo-mo.

Are you buying another Mac or a PC? Apart from the lack of proRes, I think a PC would be an advantage for Premiere re: price/performance because of the wide range of graphics cards available.

Cheers

John Cash February 26th, 2014 11:10 AM

Im going with a PC from ADK. I can then start looking at what Im shooting after post and adjust my shooting settings then. I have been told the best results will be 1080@60fps with a shutter of 125. I have to start shooting ,render and post just to see whats going to work best. Pans have been the problem. But, my older Mac couldnt play the file back smoothly due to lack of processor capability
So, Ill be really happy when I can finally see what I shoot.

Bruce Reynolds March 5th, 2014 12:00 AM

Adobe will handle any thing you give it

Mark Whittle March 5th, 2014 01:21 AM

Yea, use 1080p60 but 50Mb/s not 72. Looks cleaner.

The .mov isn't raw as such; it is basically h.264 in a quicktime wrapper.

Cheers

Leon Kolenda March 8th, 2014 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Cash (Post 1834041)
Im going with a PC from ADK. I can then start looking at what Im shooting after post and adjust my shooting settings then. I have been told the best results will be 1080@60fps with a shutter of 125. I have to start shooting ,render and post just to see whats going to work best. Pans have been the problem. But, my older Mac couldnt play the file back smoothly due to lack of processor capability
So, Ill be really happy when I can finally see what I shoot.

Glad your getting a PC, I'm not looking for a argument here, but, I personally think that the PC world is so much better due to the customizing that can be done. What ever PC you decide to build, get a good graphics card, as Adobe CS5 to Adobe CC supports a technology that is called Cuda Cores. Only NVIDIA has this technology, not ATI. What it does is it shares the processing of the GPU with the CPU. The settings are done in all of Adobe's Apps in the preferences, Really helps with rendering. Just Google Adobe approved graphics cards and you can see a list of what is currently approved. The main differences from one card to the next is how many Cuda Cores it has, the more Cuda Cores, the higher the price. Built my PC 3 years ago, and it still handles almost anything I throw at it. But it won't handle 4K, That I will have to upgrade my PC for.