DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-lumix-s-g-gf-gh-gx-series/)
-   -   Looks like I'm getting GH4 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-lumix-s-g-gf-gh-gx-series/525258-looks-like-im-getting-gh4.html)

Joe Ogiba October 12th, 2014 06:26 AM

Re: Looks like I'm getting GH4

Here is a short 4K UHD clip I shot yesterday with my GH4 :

Wayne Avanson October 15th, 2014 06:28 AM

I just came across this which, despite all the fancy crossfade/editing malarkey, shows quite a cinematic image for the GH4 I thought (Just personal opinion)

As nice an image as my C100s easily, I would have said.

Noa Put October 15th, 2014 06:49 AM

I follow a few persons on Vimeo that deliver outstanding work, below is one done by one of them on a gh4, everyone saying that you can't get a shallow dof or a "cinematic" image from a gh4 either has not shot with the camera and/or does not have the knowledge or experience to use the camera capabilities to it's full extent. Like any other camera it does have it's pro's and cons but in the right hands it can produce some very good results.

He did the same with the GH3

Michael Thames October 15th, 2014 07:52 AM

I like the videos Noa linked. The GH4 looks good there. Perhaps at some point a GH4 is in the cards for me, but for now I'm getting the C100....... in fact, I'm getting one today, with a Samuri blade..... the long hunt is over, at least for the time being.

Thanks again for everyones help!

Noa Put October 15th, 2014 08:00 AM

I was not trying to convince you to change your mind Michael :) Just showing you that what I have been saying all along that it's the man behind the camera who knows how to use it that makes the difference.

Gary Huff October 16th, 2014 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Thames (Post 1864971)
in fact, I'm getting one today, with a Samuri blade..... the long hunt is over, at least for the time being.

Remember, whatever you do, do NOT shoot PF24!

Michael Thames October 19th, 2014 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary Huff (Post 1865093)
Remember, whatever you do, do NOT shoot PF24!

Thanks Gary, I won't.

Michael Thames October 20th, 2014 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noa Put (Post 1864973)
I was not trying to convince you to change your mind Michael :) Just showing you that what I have been saying all along that it's the man behind the camera who knows how to use it that makes the difference.

I'm waiting for the day Hollywood takes your wisdom seriously and starts replacing the big boys with iPhones.

The truth is Noa, most people besides the ones on this forum wouldn't know the difference between a camcorder and a Red Scarlet or C100. Yes, content is king, and video is two thirds audio.

Noa Put October 20th, 2014 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Thames (Post 1865472)
I'm waiting for the day Hollywood takes your wisdom seriously and starts replacing the big boys with iPhones.

They could probably make that iphone footage look better then what most can do with their c100 or any other videocamera. :)