DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-lumix-s-g-gf-gh-gx-series/)
-   -   A focal duplicator for Leica 12-60mm and GH5? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-lumix-s-g-gf-gh-gx-series/535293-focal-duplicator-leica-12-60mm-gh5.html)

Adriano Moroni January 30th, 2018 03:20 PM

A focal duplicator for Leica 12-60mm and GH5?

Hi, I'm looking for a good focal duplicator (teleconverter) for Leica 12-60mm with GH5. Does anyone know anything about it? Thank you

Noa Put January 30th, 2018 03:40 PM

Re: A focal duplicator for Leica 12-60mm and GH5?

As far as I know that doesn't exist but instead you can use etc mode; go to the second tab from the top in the menu (the camera icon without the "m") , page 3 of 4, Ex.Tele Conv - set it to "on"

You will notice you will get a much larger magnification when you shoot in HD compared to 4K, also try to shoot in HD, the HD on the GH5 is very good and detailed.

Noa Put January 30th, 2018 03:45 PM

You can also link etc mode to any button on your camera, just press and hold any button and a button set menu will appear, there you"ll find a gazillion functions, including etc mode to choose from to assign to that button.

Adriano Moroni January 31st, 2018 02:43 AM

Great news!!! I have just used that options but I don't understand what "etc mode" means. In face there is no words like it on the manual.... but all that works.

Anyway ... if I use that option and I would also like to choose Digit. Zoom 2x, when I make a shot and I use the zoom, how can I see when the Zoom is going into digit mode? Is there a led on the viewfinder?

Adriano Moroni January 31st, 2018 03:20 AM

EDIT: Sorry!

Noa Put January 31st, 2018 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adriano Moroni (Post 1940764)
Great news!!! I have just used that options but I don't understand what "etc mode" means. In face there is no words like it on the manual.... but all that works.

ETC mode means the camera crops in on the sensor in order to magnify, that should be without any visual loss in image quality.

Don't have any experience with digital zoom but that usually means this has an impact on image quality, I would stay clear of using any digital zooms.

Adriano Moroni January 31st, 2018 02:53 PM

Do you know if it is possible to assign "Conv. Tele est." to a "Fn" button? I'd like to assign "Conv. Tele est." to "Fn1". I tried but I don't succeed in doing it.

Noa Put January 31st, 2018 05:38 PM

Press and hold that fn1 button for a few seconds and a button set menu will appear, there you have to scroll through the options until you find the etc mode function and then just select it.

Adriano Moroni February 1st, 2018 12:27 AM

Noa, you are wonderful regarding the theory. I learned a lot from you. I thank you!! I will always be grateful for this but I have to give you just one note. Your eyes are not good to see nice images. ;) ;) ;) I configured quickly my GH5 and I went to countryside for some shots with "P mode". I got wondergul clips. They are far nicer than those shots with Sony AX100. The clips seem to come from another planet however splendid they are. They are different and much nicer. They have excellent chromatism, excellent definition and they don't have that plastic look of the clips shot with AX100. I have to make other shots, surely. But I am satisfied for now. I seem suddenly catapulted into a professional world for how nice those clips are.

Noa Put February 1st, 2018 03:05 AM

As long as you are happy with the results thats all that matters.