A led light for Lumix GH5? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old July 13th, 2020, 04:44 AM   #1
Major Player

A led light for Lumix GH5?

Hi, now I use Litpanels LP-Micro to make videos in UHD. I have to take with me the jelly orange panel to shoot with the night light.
I'd like to replace it with another led light with Dimmable Soft Light, 3200K-5600K.
Could you seggest me please?
Thank you
Old July 15th, 2020, 05:02 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: A led light for Lumix GH5?

I'd suggest looking at some online reviews, like this one. Most people own a single or maybe 2 of these lights, so it's hard to compare them to other offerings. There are so many to choose from, and your specific needs might be different from other people's needs.

There are also RGB lights now, which offer additional functions and effects that might be handy to you.
Oren Arieli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2020, 11:44 PM   #3
Major Player

One with remote control is good for one person setup.
Old July 16th, 2020, 12:19 AM   #4
Major Player

Remote control??? I didn't even know it existed. Do you find it really useful?

Sorry but I like to understand better.
1) Why these nice led lights are so cheap compared to Litpanels LP-Micro? I paid for the Litpanels LP-Micro around 250 euro some years ago.
2) Another very important aspect for me is toget a more powerful led light than LP-Micro. How could I know if those led lights in the video are more or less powerful than LP-Micro?
Anyway those lights are very nice and the video is nice too.
I must always use the led light in the dark outdoor night, without any other light or glow and the light of LP-Micro is often insufficient.
I need only a small light for my Lumix GH5 camera
Thanks for your suggestions.

Last edited by Adriano Moroni; July 16th, 2020 at 02:34 AM.
Adriano Moroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2020, 12:00 AM   #5
Major Player

Many cheap ones do not have the same quality of light. Some flicker some cast green some ..........
By remote. I mean you can adjust the power of your light. So you can stand behind your camera and set the light level without having to run back and fore to the light. Imagine the light high and you have to take it down and up adjusting the power till you get it right.
Old July 17th, 2020, 12:15 AM   #6
Major Player

You are absolutely right but I only use it for the outside at night. I never had the desire to lower the power of the light, it was the opposite. That is, I'd like getting more power, but I never knew how much difference in power there is between other llights compare to LP-Micro.
Old July 17th, 2020, 12:43 PM   #7
Inner Circle

You pay a premium for the Lite Panels name. You can get brighter lights now for less money for sure.

I vaguely remember your original thread. The biggest limitation you'll find is the size and weight of the light if you want to mount it on your camera and be mobile.

Last edited by Pete Cofrancesco; July 17th, 2020 at 04:14 PM.
Pete Cofrancesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2020, 01:10 PM   #8
Major Player

Pete, I'd like to know the difference of power between LP-Micro and some other small led lights. If the power is the same, I will continure to shoot with LP-Micro.
Old July 17th, 2020, 03:59 PM   #9
Inner Circle

If this is your current light it looks to be very small and doesn't produce a lot of light
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/542007-REG/Litepanels_LP_MICRO_Micro_LED_On_Camera_Light.html/overview/BI/2855/KBID/3801
Specs: 3"x3", 3watts, 48 bulbs, brightness 2' (0.6 m): 560 lux, 4' (1.2 m): 280 lux, 6' (1.8 m): 70 lux

Caleb recommends YN216 $62
Spec: 13watts, 216 bulbs, brightness 2000 (must be 2')
this would be 4x brighter than your light
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1304881-REG/yongnuo_yn_216w_yn216_led_video_light.html/overview/BI/2855/KBID/3801

Also note while bi color lights are nice they can cut you output in half if you either want cool or warm that because 1/2 the lights are yellowish the other half are blueish the only time all the lights fire are when you are in the middle temperature. One other thing to consider is the beam angle. The narrower the angle the further it will throw the light but less area it will cover, while wider the angle the more even the light will be spread but will not throw light as far. In a different category of lights called spots use a lens to focus light even further think of a flash light.
Pete Cofrancesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2020, 04:13 PM   #10
Major Player

Pete,
you are great!!!! Thank you a lot for your precious news.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series