GH 6 Users - Settings Causing OverExposure - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old September 27th, 2022, 07:04 AM   #31
Inner Circle

Re: GH 6 Users - Settings Causing OverExposure

Did Ron's advice not help? Why don't you shoot a video with your phone to show what the problem is or show how your camera is set-up, as I said it will help to solve your issue.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2022, 09:13 AM   #32
Inner Circle

First did you set constant preview to ON.

Move the dial to movie mode M

Press menu button. The first menu, at the top left is a red camera icon. Choose that one. first menu to the right is exposure mode click and choose P ( that will give you full auto mode ). Next is photo style click and choose Like709, next is metering mode choose highlight. Select dynamic range OFF.

If this all works you can go back and set mode to manual and start to learn how to set parameters separately.

If you are in photo mode and press the red record button it will shoot in auto for video.
Ron Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2022, 09:27 AM   #33
Inner Circle

The other thing you may want to take note of is focusing is not like the other GH series. Touch focus does not work the same way as the GH5. Selection is by touch but you will still need to touch the AF button to actual initiate quick auto focus at that point and it will then go back to manual focus. Focus selection dial does not work the same way either so that is something else to learn if you come from a GH5. From your comments I expect you are new to these cameras anyway.
Old September 27th, 2022, 09:55 AM   #34
Inner Circle

It's difficult to help someone when they don't answer your questions but just keep repeating what the problem is, looks like Russ is only willing to discuss this over the phone?
Old September 27th, 2022, 10:36 AM   #35
Inner Circle

Specifically this is Steven view of constant preview described for photo shooting but approach is similar for video.

Old September 27th, 2022, 10:57 AM   #36
Inner Circle

You may also want to look at this channel as she has some good input to using GH6

As with all these you need to spend some time working through the menus.
Old September 27th, 2022, 12:29 PM   #37
Inner Circle

Another one to look at.

Old September 27th, 2022, 12:51 PM   #38
Inner Circle

Maybe resetting the camera could solve the current issue? It's for the GH5 but basically the same for the GH6:
Old September 28th, 2022, 08:25 PM   #39
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ Gutshall View Post
I just can't seem to grasp what setting I've "jimmied" that results in what I'm seeing ?
I guess if all else fails, just try doing a complete factory reset. After all, cameras these days are just computers with light sensitive sensors and can sometimes end up having software/firmware glitches. You never know, do you :)
Christopher Young is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2022, 08:27 PM   #40
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa Put View Post
Maybe resetting the camera could solve the current issue? It's for the GH5 but basically the same for the GH6: https://youtu.be/Blwhgzh0lms
Geez! Just saw your post hit a couple of moments before I posted. What's the saying? "Great minds think alike... and small ones seldom differ." LOL :)

Chris Young
Christopher Young is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2022, 08:50 AM   #41
Inner Circle

In a company I used to work whenever you had a pc problem and called IT department the very first thing they asked was; "have you tried restarting your pc?" and that usually solved the problem.
However I think Russ is already in Antarctica trying to get someone here on the phone but not sure how the connection is over there :)
Old September 29th, 2022, 07:38 PM   #42
Equal Opportunity Offender

I'm thinking the internet there is faster now. Just gotta make it over to McMurdo Station. :-)

See https://explorersweb.com/starlink-in-antarctica/

Quote:
SpaceX’s Starlink service came online at McMurdo Station, the giant U.S. base on Ross Island, on September 14.

The U.S. National Science Foundation, which funds the country’s Antarctic programs at McMurdo and elsewhere, tweeted the news.
Andrew
Andrew Smith is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series