DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-p2hd-dvcpro-hd-camcorders/)
-   -   Panasonic P2 software for Mac - it's about time! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-p2hd-dvcpro-hd-camcorders/101065-panasonic-p2-software-mac-its-about-time.html)

Phil Bloom August 28th, 2007 03:45 AM

Am I being silly or is there no way to export a finished sequence back to a p2 card from final cut pro. Am using the dueladaptor thingy...

TingSern Wong August 28th, 2007 03:52 AM

I can't confirm that - because I don't have a Mac + FCP anymore. But, I can do that using Canopus (Glass Valley) EDIUS Broadcast. Import from P2 and export back to P2. Maybe it is time folks explore what available on the other side of the valley?

Marcus van Bavel August 28th, 2007 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil Bloom (Post 735456)
Am I being silly or is there no way to export a finished sequence back to a p2 card from final cut pro. Am using the dueladaptor thingy...

Raylight for Mac will have that capability soon (in a few weeks) and also allow you to put metadata on the recorded clip. There is a screen grab of the prototype on the raylight support blog ( http://raylightsupport.blogspot.com ) In the meantime you can "print to tape" through the FW port and set the camera to record.

David Saraceno August 28th, 2007 10:11 AM

For those in FCP, Raylight for the Mac is a fabulous utility, and Marcus continues to improve it.

It probably is the best money you can spend in working the mxf files in any video application on a Mac.

Marcus van Bavel October 9th, 2007 10:16 AM

Raylight for Mac 2.0 is out
 
We've released Raylight for Mac 2.0 and it has added
DV and DVCPRO support, more pulldown remove features
and also the P2 Authoring feature which allows you make
P2 Cards from Final Cut Pro. You can try a demo at http://dvfilm.com/raylight/mac

Phil Bloom October 9th, 2007 03:36 PM

Marcus,

using the dual link express card to pcmcia adaptor for the macbook pro can i export to p2 from final cut pro with this?

Thanks

Phil

Marcus van Bavel October 9th, 2007 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil Bloom (Post 756597)
Marcus,

using the dual link express card to pcmcia adaptor for the macbook pro can i export to p2 from final cut pro with this?

Thanks

Phil

Yes, that's correct.

Phil Bloom October 9th, 2007 03:54 PM

brilliant. just what i needed!!

Brad Neal October 10th, 2007 06:54 AM

All this discussion of Avid vs. FinalCut, I have to wonder what the future holds for Adobe given the intense focus and successful implementation of interoperability between all of their flagship applications.

Working directly between After Effects, Photoshop, and PPro is very enticing.

I understand that much of the professional community has thumbed their noses at Premiere, but Adobe is pouring huge resources into getting PPro into the game.

-Brad

Calvin Dean October 10th, 2007 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brad Neal (Post 756851)
All this discussion of Avid vs. FinalCut, I have to wonder what the future holds for Adobe given the intense focus and successful implementation of interoperability between all of their flagship applications.

Working directly between After Effects, Photoshop, and PPro is very enticing.

I understand that much of the professional community has thumbed their noses at Premiere, but Adobe is pouring huge resources into getting PPro into the game.

-Brad

PPro has promised a free update soon that will allow native editing of Panny 200 P2 files. I'm waiting to see if it works before purchasing a 200 and upgrading my editing workstation. I'm at a crossroads, would like to stay with PC & PPro because of the way Adobe's suite communicates. There's a lot of potential. We shall see if Adobe can meet expectations/fulfill promises. Right now one can edit P2 using Aspect HD in PPro.

David Saraceno October 10th, 2007 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil Bloom (Post 756597)
Marcus,

using the dual link express card to pcmcia adaptor for the macbook pro can i export to p2 from final cut pro with this?

Thanks

Phil

It's the duel adapter from duel systems, and yes I tried this with the p2 card builder and it worked flawlessly.

Barry Green October 14th, 2007 11:31 PM

Word on the street is that the BBC themselves commissioned Adobe to put P2 support across their CS3 product line. The BBC's expected to announce a migration to P2 soon, and apparently they have no problem with using Premiere Pro.

Mike Quick October 15th, 2007 02:15 PM

Wait a minute! I'm confused, I've been working on a mac the whole time I've had my HVX. And I've been working with FCP and the P2 cards and have had no problem. Is the software you are talking about strictly for mac now? It's not just a folder on the P2 driver software that allows for mac folk to install the software?

Brian Sargent October 19th, 2007 12:14 PM

During a panel discussion at the HD conference in NY last week, the project engineers and VPs addressed how each network went about implementing their HD broadcasts. All of them - CNN, ABC, and CBS said they were using FCP to deliver their HD content. That's probably something panasonic needs to hear...

Phil Bloom November 9th, 2007 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Saraceno (Post 756988)
It's the duel adapter from duel systems, and yes I tried this with the p2 card builder and it worked flawlessly.


Can you elaborate? What is the p2 card builder?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:52 AM.

DV Info Net -- Real Names, Real People, Real Info!
1998-2021 The Digital Video Information Network