DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-p2hd-dvcpro-hd-camcorders/)
-   -   Does anyone have a better viewfinder they would like to sell me? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-p2hd-dvcpro-hd-camcorders/135303-does-anyone-have-better-viewfinder-they-would-like-sell-me.html)

David Cleverly October 6th, 2008 05:15 AM

Does anyone have a better viewfinder they would like to sell me?

Today was my first day in work mode with my new 502.

I was anxious, but I got through it nonetheless.

But I don't think I will ever get used to the viewfinder, it is that bad. Most of today I kept checking my focus because when I was "wide", everything looked slightly soft even though it wasn't. What an awful, awful viewfinder.

Anyway, I understand you can upgrade and I have been recommended to the AJVF20WBE Viewfinder. Does anyone know where I can get one without having to re-mortgage the house?

Cheers,

David

Bradley Helgerson October 6th, 2008 01:29 PM

Try Omega Broadcast. They have both new and used Panasonic gear and they probably have a used one they could sell you.

I have bought from them in the past and they are great.

Omega Broadcast Group

Good Luck!

Edit: Err, just realized you were in Sydney. Omega is probably only going to help for US customers. Sorry!

Joe Lawry October 6th, 2008 07:01 PM

I tried the AJVF20WBE on a 502 last year - stole it off an SPX800. It didnt work.

Who told you it would?

David Cleverly October 6th, 2008 07:37 PM

Hi Joe,

The Panasonic salesman and rep.

I just put one off a mate's camera onto the 502 and it DID work.

THe only problem was mounting it properly. As far as I could see there will only be one small screw going through the side of the camera handle and into the side of the VF mount. Not secure enough for my liking.

Cheers,

D

Joe Lawry October 6th, 2008 07:43 PM

Hmm i did it over a year ago, had some problem, maybe it did work but there was an aspect ratio issue. Oh Well all good im glad it works.

Yea the viewfinder mount on panasonic broadcast cameras isnt the best.. i've seen them break off when the viewfinder gets a knock. - Which is actually a good thing, beats breaking the viewfinder.

David Cleverly October 6th, 2008 07:58 PM

Joe, I would like to know if you got it to mount correctly and how did you do it?

Joe Lawry October 6th, 2008 08:07 PM

Maybe that was the issue i had, i'm not sure sorry.

Is the screw your talking about the little pin that you pull out to release the viewfinder? That seems to be standard for most panasonic cameras. The other thing i didnt like about the 502 was the plastic screw clamp that you screwed tight to get the viewfinder to stay in position. The 800's i was using had a better one with a rubbish grip.

David Cleverly October 7th, 2008 06:56 AM

No...it is on the side of the handle of the camera and goes through into the vf mount.