DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-p2hd-dvcpro-hd-camcorders/)
-   -   Ag-hpx250 - receive $750 & 64gb p2 card w/purchase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-p2hd-dvcpro-hd-camcorders/504313-ag-hpx250-receive-750-64gb-p2-card-w-purchase.html)

Scott Cantrell January 12th, 2012 04:38 PM

Ag-hpx250 - receive $750 & 64gb p2 card w/purchase

Receive a $730.00 American Express Rewards Card and a 64GB P2 Card with Purchase of a Panasonic AG-HPX250 P2 hanheld camcorder from and Authorized Panansonic Reseller. Offer valid January 1, 2012 through March 31, 2012.

Contact TapeWorks Texas Inc in the US Toll Free 866-827-3489 for a customized quotation or simply order online TapeWorks Texas | Panasonic AG-HPX250 P2 Handheld Camcorder Call us 866-TAPEGUY and TapeWorks Texas Inc will provide you with all the information you will need to obtain the $730 AMX Reward Card and 64GB P2 Card free!

Best Regards,
Scott Cantrell
TapeWorks Texas Inc - DVinfo Sponser
tapeworksscott@sbcglobal.net

Jonathan Levin January 13th, 2012 11:28 AM

Re: Ag-hpx250 - receive $750 & 64gb p2 card w/purchase

Hi Scott,

This sounds like a great deal!!! But Panasonic's rebate form states that you need to purchase the camera AND a 64GB P2 card and then receive the $730.00? Is your rebate different? See below:

Panasonic Solutions Company
AJ-HPX250 & 64GB P2 Card $730 Rebate Claim Form: January 1, 2012 – March 31st, 2012
Receive a $730 rebate on an American Express®-Branded Debit Card with the purchase of a Panasonic AG- HPX250 P2 HD Camcorder and AJ-P2E064XG 64GB P2 Card. See instructions in the form below. Please print legibly and complete all information.
Date __________________________________________________________________________________
Name _________________________________________________________________________________
Address (No P.O. boxes) __________________________________________________________________
City______________________________________________ State _________ Zip____________________
Phone Number __________________________________________________________________________
Type of Video Produced __________________________________________________________________
(Broadcast, Cable, Commercials, Corporate, Education, Event, Government, Independent Production, Legal, Production, Religious, Sports, Other)
Reseller Name_________________________________________________________________________________
Date of Purchase ________________________________________________________________________ E-Mail Address (optional) __________________________________________________________________ Exact Model Number of the camcorder and P2 card _______________________________________________________ Exact Serial Number of the camcorder and P2 card _____________________________________________ (Failure to give full model number and serial number will result in the claim being rejected.) Signature_______________________________________________________________________________
Guidelines
1. You must have purchased a Panasonic AG-HPX250 Camcorder and AJ-P2E064XG 64GB P2 Card between the dates of January 1, 2012 and March 31, 2012. 2. You must return this completed form, along with a copy of your sales receipt of the eligible model with the purchase price circled, as well as the UPC code and serial number cut from both the AG-HPX250 and AJ-P2E064XG product carton.
3. Submittals must be postmarked no later than 45 days from date of purchase, to qualify. 4. Only handwritten responses will be accepted. No stickers or preprinted address labels. Product must be new and unused. 5. This offer is only available to the end user and original purchaser. 6. No claims from resellers, dealers/distributors, their employees or warehouse facilities, groups, clubs or organizations will be accepted or acknowledged. 7. No P.O. boxes accepted except military APO/FPO (Air/Army Post Office or Fleet Post Office) addresses. 8. May not be combined with any other offer or fulfillment. Fraudulent submissions could result in Federal prosecution under the U.S. Mail Fraud Statutes (18 USC, §§ 1341 and 1342). 9. Offer void where taxed, prohibited or restricted by law. Offer good only a) on US Product, purchased in the 50 states of the United States and D.C. and b) to current U.S. residents only. Exception for U.S. military personnel overseas. Reward cards may not be used by persons under 18 years of age. 10. Panasonic Corporation of North America (“Panasonic”) is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected mail. 11. Panasonic reward cards offers are ordinarily delivered within 8–14 weeks. Reward cards cannot be reissued. 12. Panasonic reserves the right to audit any claims and to nullify any claims that cannot be substantiated. 13. Panasonic reserves the right to amend the rules of the program or cancel this promotion without prior notice. 14. Submitted claim material becomes the property of Panasonic and will not be returned. 15. Please retain a copy of your submission for your records.

David Heath January 13th, 2012 01:06 PM

And from that it looks as if the offer only applies if you already have (and use) an Amex card...........!?!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonathan Levin (Post 1709247)
Receive a $730 rebate on an American Express®-Branded Debit Card with the purchase .........

Scott Cantrell January 13th, 2012 04:59 PM

Jonathan, You are Correct! The flyer I received yesterday was confusing in the way it announced the promotion and I misinterpreted that the 64GB card was part of the promo! I should have delved further into it prior to posting! Thank you very much as I just updated the TapeWorks website appropriately!

David, I just verifyed with my Panasonic Rep that they will mail you AMX reward card as it states "Panasonic reward cards offers are ordinarily delivered within 8–14 weeks."

David Heath January 13th, 2012 05:33 PM

Scott, it may be a difference in terminology between the US and the UK - I understand a debit card to be something associated with an account, use it for payment and the money gets deducted from your account. So it looked as if you had to have an AMEX account to use the offer, and buy the camera via that. But it now looks as if it's what I'd know as a "pre-paid card" rather than debit - in this case pre-loaded with $730? My apologies for any confusion.

Since a 64GB P2 card is about $730, then, err, wouldn't it just have been a lot more straightforward to say "get a free 64GB P2 card when you buy a new 250"! Come to pretty much the same thing with a lot less paperwork..........?

Ken Hull January 14th, 2012 12:25 AM

I suspect American Express is chipping in some of the money, in a marketing effort to get people accustomed to using their brand of cards.

- Ken

Jonathan Levin January 14th, 2012 03:26 PM

Scott,

Quite all right. One of these days I'm gonna buy something from you guys!!!!

Jonathan