DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-p2hd-dvcpro-hd-camcorders/)
-   -   Add-ons for the HVX.... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-p2hd-dvcpro-hd-camcorders/52486-add-ons-hvx.html)

Dean Harrington October 9th, 2005 04:43 PM

Add-ons for the HVX....

When the DVX came out. There was a wide angle lens, tele-converter, 16.9 anamorphic, and a few extraneous other pieces.
What would be nice to see in lens add-ons and other extras that would enhance HVX capabilities? A 2X tele is probably out of the question?

Stephen van Vuuren October 9th, 2005 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean Harrington
When the DVX came out. There was a wide angle lens, tele-converter, 16.9 anamorphic, and a few extraneous other pieces.
What would be nice to see in lens add-ons and other extras that would enhance HVX capabilities? A 2X tele is probably out of the question?

A Wide Angle would be great!. Tele, not as critical as the lens is longer than the DVX. 16.9 anamorphic not really needed at all as it's already a native 16:9 cam. Though 2:35.1 junkies will not agree :)

Chris Hurd October 9th, 2005 04:54 PM

I think we can pretty much count on a full range of add-on accessories for the HVX200. The challenge will be keeping up with all the offerings, and deciding what you really need.

Dean Harrington October 9th, 2005 06:59 PM

tele......

While a tele might not be critical, I wonder if the HVX would be able to shoot close-ups in a stage performance from the back of the house? The other aspect of using a tele would have to do with documentaries that need real distance from the subject.

Marty Baggen October 9th, 2005 07:54 PM

Has anyone offered a mattebox yet?

As far as power, high capacity batteries are always a nice option.... but I wonder how power consumption is going to be for a tapeless camcorder. Very cool.

Dean Harrington October 9th, 2005 08:27 PM

batteries.....

will be the same as it is for the DVX 100 I believe. 5600 size batteries for a nice price are over at DVX users com. Jarred's batteries are excellent!
Power consumption would probably be the same as a tape solution, me thinks.

Barry Green October 10th, 2005 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean Harrington
While a tele might not be critical, I wonder if the HVX would be able to shoot close-ups in a stage performance from the back of the house?

Obviously each circumstance is different, but if you have a specific circumstance you want to verify, it's easy to do. If you have access to an FX1 or Z1, you could try it out and see if the range would be suitable... the FX1/Z1 have almost exactly the same telephoto reach as the HVX, so if the FX1/Z1 have enough range, the HVX would as well.

Since both offer high-def lenses at 82mm, it's likely that a telephoto adapter for one would also work for the other as well.

Bill Turner October 19th, 2005 06:42 PM

Bill Turner
Schneider Optics
Century Division

As has been stated the HVX200 has an 82mm filter thread (larger than the 72mm thread on the Sony HDV cameras and the Panasonic DVX100/100a/100b). We will follow our convention of attaching via the bayonet ears used to attach the factory sunshade instead of trying to screw large heavy accessories into the fine, plastic, filter threads.

While the interface is different, we have confirmed that our 1.6X tele and .6X wide angle adapter are optically compatible. They should be available around the time the camera becomes available in NTSC form at the end of the year.

The wider angle and larger diameter of the front element require a new zoom thru wide angle converter designed for the camera. This is in process with projected availability by late first quarter 2006.

The fisheye attachments for the DVX100 are also optically incompatible for the same reasons as the wide angle converter. It does appear that a larger fisheye designed for a broadcast lens can be mounted for the HVX200.

With regard to Matteboxes, it would appear that the ones currently compatible with wide adapters on the DVX100 should work, though they may required a new or modified support bracket.

Bill Turner

Jaser Stockert October 19th, 2005 07:30 PM

bill,

will the fisheye suffer from vignetting on the hvx as it did on the dvx? that's what stopped me from purchasing one. thanks...

Bill Turner October 19th, 2005 08:02 PM

Based on the tests conducted so far we expect no significant vignetting.

The design is based on our Super Fisheye for broadcast lenses. It produces a strong fisheye effect (barrel distortion) but may not be quite as wide as the Ultra Fisheye. The new Xtreme Fisheye designed for the Sony HDV cameras, and so far shown only it prototype form, may be an option but has not yet been tested.

Mike Morrell October 23rd, 2005 04:17 AM

Anamorphic

Although not a huge demand, I see an anamorphic adapter to cinescope would be wanted. With the resolution offered of this camera, one would assume that a theater wide aspect would bring even more shooting possibilities for this camera.

Dean Harrington October 23rd, 2005 08:07 AM

anamorphic......

That would be interesting but....man, would a three layer lens cost!