DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-p2hd-dvcpro-hd-camcorders/)
-   -   Release? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-p2hd-dvcpro-hd-camcorders/52715-release.html)

Riley Harmon October 13th, 2005 08:46 PM

Release?

I'm just curious if an official release date has been announced. All that I have heard is December 2005.

Chris Hurd October 31st, 2005 11:02 PM

I thought they were still shooting for December in North America.

Terry Nixon November 2nd, 2005 10:55 PM

panasonic say's late november or december in pre-release info.

Jeff Kilgroe November 3rd, 2005 02:10 PM

The late November / early December is an old estimate that they haven't updated. All indications I have seen is that it's going to be a 1st quarter 06 release, maybe even 2nd quarter. A 2005 release is still possible, but I wouldn't count on it considering nobody has seen a production model HVX200 yet and where's all the demo video clips and whatnot? Panasonic is either achieving a new level of being tight-lipped about their new product or it's just not ready yet. For a late November release, the cameras would've had to go into full production about 2 days ago and that may even be pushing it.

Barry Green November 3rd, 2005 02:24 PM

Panasonic has said they'll be released in time that they could be under people's Christmas trees this year. It is slated for a December 2005 release.

Mark Ross November 3rd, 2005 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barry Green
Panasonic has said they'll be under people's Christmas trees this year.

Wow. What a lovely thought. I mean, practically everyone is thinking of buying one in the traditional manner, i.e. ordering it themselves and for their business or whatnot, but imagine... Unwrapping an HVX as a total surprise on Christmas morning... That would be one incredible spouse who could pull that off.

Honey, do you by any chance look at my history and read these boards?

Marty Baggen November 3rd, 2005 05:33 PM

Quote:

Panasonic has said they'll be under people's Christmas trees this year. It is slated for a December 2005 release.

Hey Barry... thanks! Not that I wouldn't appreciate a coffee mug, but a new camera will be a really nice touch.

Barry Green November 3rd, 2005 06:03 PM

Er... okay, I reworded it... :)

Pete Bauer November 3rd, 2005 07:40 PM

Well, really, Barry didn't say WHICH peoples' trees would have HVX200's under them. I believe he just meant his and mine, and I'm not so sure about his! ;-)

Anyway, FWIW (not a red cent) I really do have to echo the sentiments expressed earlier...Panasonic has been trumpeting this camera for a good long time by now, but I'm not aware of much, if any, new and verified information of any substance about it in the past several months. Where's the info on the CCD block? The lens? People have been asking these questions for so long without answers.

Either Panasonic has the camera essentially ready to go and has inexplicably chosen to keep the rest of the specs a deep, dark secret OR they still have nothing new to say because they haven't got the camera ready. Shipping next month? Ok, then answer the obvious questions and get some full-rez clips circulating so serious shoppers can make their judgments. Otherwise, why should Santa's Helpers set aside $10K for it?

Peter Richardson November 3rd, 2005 08:57 PM

I placed my order with BH a couple days ago...and they've charged my credit card already, so I REALLY hope this camera comes out late Nov/early Dec because I'm not particularly crazy about paying for a camera that I can't use. Anyone else already order theirs?

Peter

Edwin Hernandez November 3rd, 2005 10:39 PM

I already ordered mine. Hope to have it by December. -EDWIN

Marty Baggen November 4th, 2005 08:51 PM

Quote:

Er... okay, I reworded it... :)

Okay.... fine! You're off the hook for now,..... but my birthday is in June, and you will be getting a reminder from me.

Eric Brown November 5th, 2005 05:53 PM

Just flipped open my fresh off the press (and into my mailbox) copy of "Filmmaker" magazine. On the inside cover is a full page ad for the HVX with the words "here in December" boldy spread across the top.

Steven Thomas November 6th, 2005 06:53 AM

FYI,

Jan posted at DVXUSER Yesterday that "the HVX200 will start delivery in December with limited quantities. It is on manual allocation. We want to be sure and share the love."

This message tells me that Panasonic MAY not have enough HVX200s for initial dealer orders.

Tim White November 6th, 2005 02:50 PM

Just checked the Panasonic site and it states First Quarter 2006