DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-p2hd-dvcpro-hd-camcorders/)
-   -   Quicker Crossgrade (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-p2hd-dvcpro-hd-camcorders/64251-quicker-crossgrade.html)

Robert Lane April 3rd, 2006 10:02 AM

Quicker Crossgrade

For those who like myself want to have the most FCP compatibility with the HVX there is a faster way to get your cross-grade disks from Apple.

A) Send in the order form and your disks via FedEx or UPS to this address:

Final Cut Pro Crossgrade
Back of Bldg 2
5681 Cleveland Rd.
South Bend, IN 46628

B) Give them a UPS or FedEx account number along with your disks and order form and they will overnight them back to you.

The "normal" method of sending them in gets about a 2 week turnaround. That's not bad but I'd hate to be without the originals for that long - just in case.

Be sure to make photo copies of the original disk faces and make backup copies for safekeeping.

After Barry's post about the added functionality of the new version I did some checking; seems there are some undisclosed improvements to FCP, not just a porting-over to the Rosetta environment.

So, I'd highly suggest that for those who qualify it's worthwhile to go through the upgrade process, especially since it's so cost effective.

Gene Brockhoff April 3rd, 2006 10:50 AM

I should be receiving my upgrade today or tomorrow. I don't know if I will be getting 5.1 or just 5. Guess that depends on when it got processed. Imagine needing to send it right back and another $49 for the UB version. But, 5.1 covers 1080/24pa and that would be nice to have. We shot some green screen last weekend and have not been able to view it yet. Next on the list, a Kona card and a 37" 1080p plasma! Oh, better get back to work so I can afford it.

Mike Marriage April 3rd, 2006 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Lane
For those who like myself want to have the most FCP compatibility with the HVX there is a faster way to get your cross-grade disks from Apple.

A) Send in the order form and your disks via FedEx or UPS to this address:

Final Cut Pro Crossgrade
Back of Bldg 2
5681 Cleveland Rd.
South Bend, IN 46628

Where did you get this from?

"Back of Bldg 2"? Sounds a little odd to me.

Robert Lane April 3rd, 2006 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Marriage
Where did you get this from?

"Back of Bldg 2"? Sounds a little odd to me.

I called the 800 number listed on the crossgrade form; the address was supplied by the customer service agent. I even called later and double checked the address and was given the same info. The standard mailing address is a PO Box, so if you send something express it has to go to a different part of the receiving area.

It's vaild, but you can always call the 800 # and check it out yourself.

Scott Balkum April 3rd, 2006 07:23 PM

This is who is there.....

http://www.corporatesvcs.net/Contact/

I guess it's possible.

John Cordell April 4th, 2006 10:29 PM

FYI -- I sent my crossgrade form to "back of building 2" on Friday via Fedex (before this thread started). It got there yesterday (Monday). I got an email from Apple today letting me know that the Final Cut crossgrade had shipped. They claim 3-7 days for it to get here. My Logic 7.2 crossgrade got here in a day, so hopefully Final Cut will be speedy as well.

Bill Southworth April 6th, 2006 09:48 PM

Apple's using a third party for the crossgrade shipping and the whole thing seems a bit tacky. I got back the crossgrade disks stuffed in the same torn sleeves I sent and the whole thing came in a brown wrapper looking more like somebody's part time business than the normal slick Apple look.

Until this upgrade, I've always been very impressed by the really quick fullfillment of software orders from Apple.