DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-p2hd-dvcpro-hd-camcorders/)
-   -   HVX200 City Footage! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-p2hd-dvcpro-hd-camcorders/65907-hvx200-city-footage.html)

Cassidy Bisher April 25th, 2006 11:05 AM

HVX200 City Footage!

Here are some shots of city life. We shot for a day, gathering stock footage for a client.

http://motivitypictures.com/hvx200/s..._the_city.html

Chad Terpstra April 25th, 2006 11:57 AM

Great stuff, Cassidy! I assume that the slow motion segments are over-cranked? Very nice use of the HVX200.

I was also delighted to see that the shots were from our very own Grand Rapids, MI. Way to represent the city with some great work here & in your portfolio. Very impressive.

-Chad

Greg Bates April 25th, 2006 11:58 AM

Hot as ususal. You guys need to quit BS'n and shoot a feature, your footage always looks primo.

Cassidy Bisher April 25th, 2006 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chad Terpstra
Great stuff, Cassidy! I assume that the slow motion segments are over-cranked? Very nice use of the HVX200.

I was also delighted to see that the shots were from our very own Grand Rapids, MI. Way to represent the city with some great work here & in your portfolio. Very impressive.

-Chad

Thanks, Grand Rapids is a very cool city. Lots of nice landscapes... Where are you at in GR?

Cassidy Bisher April 25th, 2006 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg Bates
Hot as ususal. You guys need to quit BS'n and shoot a feature, your footage always looks primo.

I'm laughing.. I know what you mean... we are actually waiting for the right script... not a lot of GREAT material out there.

Chad Terpstra April 25th, 2006 01:12 PM

I'm near downtown actually. Just up Fulton. I just sent you an email about a script that I'm working on for a short piece. (Short = small commitment).

But I do agree with Greg that you guys need to get SOME films out there. Short or feature, you've got the look down really well. Now you need to tell a story with it.

(How long have you had your HVX by the way?)

Cassidy Bisher April 25th, 2006 01:18 PM

I'll look for the email, we have had our HVX for about 3 months.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chad Terpstra
I'm near downtown actually. Just up Fulton. I just sent you an email about a script that I'm working on for a short piece. (Short = small commitment).

But I do agree with Greg that you guys need to get SOME films out there. Short or feature, you've got the look down really well. Now you need to tell a story with it.

(How long have you had your HVX by the way?)

Greg Bates April 25th, 2006 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassidy Bisher
I'm laughing.. I know what you mean... we are actually waiting for the right script... not a lot of GREAT material out there.

How true is that?! I just had one handed to me a few days ago and discovered I do drool when I sleep as evidenced my the smeared ink on the page after I found myself asleep on page 4. Is the dolly track you guys use custom?

Cassidy Bisher April 25th, 2006 07:36 PM

ha.... Nope, we bought the Hollywood Microdolly.. it's amazing.. set up is so fast and it can hold any camera, even a 35 mm camera...

http://www.microdolly.com/micro_2.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg Bates
How true is that?! I just had one handed to me a few days ago and discovered I do drool when I sleep as evidenced my the smeared ink on the page after I found myself asleep on page 4. Is the dolly track you guys use custom?

Rogelio Salinas April 25th, 2006 10:21 PM

Excellent Footage. Your talents are definitely needed in the filmmaking industry. Your creativity shows through your work. If you were in Texas (and of course if budget allows), I would love to have you guys do the cinematography on a film I am preparing to shoot next year. Your style, especially the 60P footage, is similar to what I had envisioned for many of the shots in our movie. Keep up the good work.

Cassidy Bisher April 26th, 2006 07:01 AM

Thanks Rogelio, very soon we will either be purchasing the M2 or the G35, I can only imagine what the shots will look like, with true shallow DOF, I have a nikon 50mm (f/1:8) that I am dying to try out.. and a couple macro lenses...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogelio Salinas
Excellent Footage. Your talents are definitely needed in the filmmaking industry. Your creativity shows through your work. If you were in Texas (and of course if budget allows), I would love to have you guys do the cinematography on a film I am preparing to shoot next year. Your style, especially the 60P footage, is similar to what I had envisioned for many of the shots in our movie. Keep up the good work.

Michael Goode April 26th, 2006 01:51 PM

Great looking footage as always. What were the settings you shot with?

Dan Brockett April 26th, 2006 08:45 PM

Microdolly?

Hi Cassidy:

Nice footage as usual, you obviously have an eye for composition and movement.

Did you achieve the sepia tint in camera or in post?

Would mind telling me approximately what your Microdolly system consists of and what it cost you? I work about a mile from them but have been too busy to stop by and see their product in person.

Keep it up, you rock!

Dan Brockett

Cassidy Bisher April 27th, 2006 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Goode
Great looking footage as always. What were the settings you shot with?

cinewave gamma curve.. a little tweaked

Cassidy Bisher April 27th, 2006 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Brockett
Hi Cassidy:

Nice footage as usual, you obviously have an eye for composition and movement.

Did you achieve the sepia tint in camera or in post?

Would mind telling me approximately what your Microdolly system consists of and what it cost you? I work about a mile from them but have been too busy to stop by and see their product in person.

Keep it up, you rock!

Dan Brockett

thanks dan, we actually did achieve the sepia tint in camera... a little green was added to post, along with the mids boosted to increase contrast.. the microdolly consists of a a fold-out track, a small dolly, and a push bar.. very simple, very smooth. Will hold HUGE cameras as well... $3000 but we're the fastest production in the mid west!