DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-p2hd-dvcpro-hd-camcorders/)
-   -   FS100 order from B&H (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-p2hd-dvcpro-hd-camcorders/79184-fs100-order-b-h.html)

Andrae Palmer November 8th, 2006 03:40 PM

FS100 order from B&H

Did anyone order their FS100 from B&H recently... How long did it take for it to ship? I just ordered one today and curious to know when I'll receive mine. They've been listed as out of stock for a few weeks now.

Andrew Peterson Padilla November 8th, 2006 07:31 PM

Yeah, I bought one about two weeks ago and they told me it was on backorder whenI confirmed the order, but I got it a week later with the rest of my order.

Great stuff and great store!

Andrae Palmer November 8th, 2006 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew Peterson Padilla
Yeah, I bought one about two weeks ago and they told me it was on backorder whenI confirmed the order, but I got it a week later with the rest of my order.

Great stuff and great store!

Thanks for the feedback... hopefully I'll have the same luck. I've been stuck with the HVX200 tethered to a powerbook for a few weeks now (don't have any P2 cards)... it would be great to be able to move around. I'll notify everyone when my order ships... I'm sure other prospective buyers are wondering the same thing.

Barry Green November 9th, 2006 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrae Palmer
thanks for the feedback... hopefully I'll have the same luck. I've been stuck with the HVX200 tethered to a powerbook for a few weeks now (don't have any P2 cards)...

How many weeks? If you bought in the last five weeks (i.e., after October 1) from an authorized US dealer, Panasonic will send you a free 8gb card.

Andrae Palmer November 9th, 2006 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barry Green
How many weeks? If you bought in the last five weeks (i.e., after October 1) from an authorized US dealer, Panasonic will send you a free 8gb card.

Barry thanks for the info. Unfortunately I purchased the camera used on September 20th from B&H. Its also grey market... found that out while signing up for your book. The cards would not really help me anyway... I'm doing mostly long form recording.

Dick Campbell November 9th, 2006 03:11 PM

While I had a good ordering experience with B&H, I could never get a straight answer from their Customer Service about shipping. On the same day they told me it would be two weeks, I received an e-mail with the tracking number for my shipment, and had my camera in 3 days. Good luck.

Andrae Palmer November 10th, 2006 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick Campbell
While I had a good ordering experience with B&H, I could never get a straight answer from their Customer Service about shipping. On the same day they told me it would be two weeks, I received an e-mail with the tracking number for my shipment, and had my camera in 3 days. Good luck.

I ordered mine on November 8th... B&H reports that its still on order. I'm hoping it will ship today or monday. It would be nice to receive it by next week friday the latest.

Andrae Palmer November 16th, 2006 08:10 AM

After waiting 8 days now and seeing that the status of my order is still... "on order"... I called B&H Photo this morning and I was happy to hear that they received a shipment and that my order should be shipping soon. I hope it ships today... I have a music video to do next week and I definitely don't trust recording to the powerbook.

Update Today, 08:53PM:

Seems a batch of FS-100's arrived and were depleted in no time.... my order status still is "on order". This is kind of strange considering the the FS-100's are products that have been released already for months now.